Did conservatives ever stop fighting the Civil War?

Asked by: SitaraPorDios
  • But The Libs never did!

I mean, Al Sharpton, all the black racists, all the commie conformists, potheads, gay people, all overdramatizing their issues! Really, it's the libs. Us conservatives are really the sane Nationalists! Do I even need to point out it was the Demmies who supported slavery! So tired of everyone blaming the conservatives. Signed, Liberalism is Insanity.

• Yes, they did.

The Civil War ended in 1865. All of the rebels are dead. No one is fighting to save slavery. No one really cares about "state's rights" anymore. The Civil War ended in 1865. All of the rebels are dead. No one is fighting to save slavery. No one really cares about "state's rights" anymore.

• Abe said this

Here what he said....My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume V, "Letter to Horace Greeley" (August 22, 1862), p. 388. Abraham Lincoln

• Hello Confederate Flag!

If they did stop fighting what is with all the confederate flags? The confederate flag is proof that conservatives (particularly in the south) still think of themselves as separate, the "rebels", fighting for how things used to be. Conservative states have repeatedly stated their desire to secede from the USA. While this will never happen, it makes it clear that some conservatives still have an 1865 mind set.