Did Lionel Messi deserve to be sent to prison for 21 months for tax fraud?

• Yes, no matter how famous, no one should get special treatment.

Yes, Lionel Messi being sent to prison for tax fraud is what should be done, assuming he is guilty of the crime. No matter how famous or public someone is, that should not excuse them from the law or allow them to get a lesser sentence. Everyone should be treated the same in the court of law.

• Lionell Messi deserves to be sent to prison for tax fraud

Lionel Messi deserves to be sent to prison for tax fraud; anyone with half a brain knows that if a private citizen had engaged in the same or similar conduct, they would be facing not only 21 months for tax fraud, but probably a significantly longer sentence. No question that star power has its advantages.

• No, he should have been fined.

Lionel Messi did not serve to be sent to prison for 21 months for tax fraud, he should have been given a fine option. The sentence is too harsh given that it does not give an option of fine and to imprison somebody like Messi is a big loose to the football world.

• No, Lionel Messi does not deserve to be sent to prison.

No, Lionel Messi does not deserve to be sent to prison. While I do believe he should be treated like any other citizen, I do not agree with sending people to prison for tax fraud. I think anyone who commits tax fraud should not only have to pay what they owe, but also an additional amount for committing the crime. Sending people to prison for tax fraud is a waste of tax payer's dollars, in my opinion.