Did Oscar Pistorius intend to kill his girlfriend?

• Why all the fuss?

If I hear a noise in our en-suite at night, I naturally assume it's an intruder and start shooting - I would never check if it's my partner in there, or even bother checking if she is is still in bed or not.

I would be so concerned over her safety, that I would have to start shooting as quickly as possible.

• His defense is all over the place

He has had different stories every time, he constantly is crying and it seems way over the top. With witness accounts of them yelling, where the gun actually was before him shooting her, and the bloody cricket bat. I think this was premeditated and he deserves to get locked up for this.

• Yes he was clearly the killer.

His reasoning that he thought he was being robbed is highly illogical. It is almost impossible to believe that Oscar Pistorius assumed an attractive female (a model, nonetheless) would be attempting to burglarize his home. This would be the case if the "intruder" was a woman he had never met before. In this case however, that woman was his girlfriend. A hard mistake to make.

• I think the intent was there.

Whenever you pose a physical threat against a woman, it's possible. I think that people with severe anger management issues who intend to harm another person are certainly capable of murder. I think that he absolutely had it in his mind that he was going to kill his girlfriend that day.

• Yes, he murdered her.

I do think he killed his girlfriend on purpose. He was paranoid about security, and there had been several fights before, according to witnesses. He clearly is a violent and angry person, and likely killed his girlfriend in a fit of uncontrollable rage. If he had gotten some counseling, the whole ugly incident could have been avoided.

• Abnormal fear reaction for a woman

When your woman his afraid say by an intruder in this case Reeva tried to get close to you she doesn't lock herself in the toilet she was running away from the infuriated and armed blade runner. She new him and probably was not the first aggression from him. He has anger management issues clearly why shoot the woman and throw away your career ?

• Ff fd ss

Bjs shsj s shd s dbd s. S f d d f d s. F r snfngndnsbf f d d f d d s d. F f s s f f f s e e f d s e ebdjdne. E d f f d bdjdnss. S xhsjs s nsjsns

• He did, in my opinion.

I feel like he is guilty, he should of checked on her. And stated from her that she was scared of him. She sender texts to him saying "I'm sometimes scared of how you react." He also has anger issues and that could affected it when they were fighting the night before.

• Intelligent and world wise

Now there are many things to question about all of this but the thing I can't get our of my mind is this. How on earth does an intelligent, world wise person walk past his girlfriend and not think to check it was her in the bathroom? A moron might be excused for such a stupid oversight. He should be jailed for idiocy if not for outright murder. He shot her is a rage and that is it. He murdered her.

• Guilty as sin

Not pre-meditated but murder anyway you look at it. He did not pre-plan to kill her he done so in a raging fit of anger - a known characteristic of his. They had a fight - which he picked as per usual. He is an insecure control-freak who thinks the world owes him special treatment. She fled phone in hand and locked the door to the bathroom where she wanted to call someone for help. She never got the chance....... And his version is a fabrication of the facts because he has doesn't even have the DIGNITY to tell the truth and take responsibility for his actions. His ONLY concern is staying out of jail - regardless of all else its still "Mr Oscar Me Myself and I" syndrome.

• No, best to leave it for the trial to decide.

I don't think we should try to project what was going on in someone's mind and then pronounce him guilty on the basis of our imagination. One question I am curious about is that it appeared the bathroom was large, but the area he shot into was a small separate room that only contained a toilet. I wonder why he would think a burglar would bother with going in a room like that. Since he had a gun, and the person was trapped, why did he not ask who was in there, call her name, or whatever before he shot? If he intended to kill her it was not very well thought out. Wait and see what he says.

• He did not mean to

I think he didn't mean to like other people said it was on accident he thought it was an intruder it was done with self defense when you see someone or hear someone walking and you know its not someone you know of course you are going to try to save your life thats why he problem pulled out the only thing he had to save him like i said he did it throw self defense not thinking it could be his girlfriend of course your going to aced fast and try to save your life and not think about the possibilities it could be a person you know in Oscar defense his girlfriend

• Look at the evidence provided.

Looking at his situation, how would you react if you firmly believed someone has broken into your home and posed a threat to your family? He can't physically defend himself like you or I. Secondly, he did not intentionally kill Reeva, he had no idea of who was behind the door, which maybe would give the opinion of, he should have thought twice before he did what he did.
    Lastly, Pistorious is not a threat society and is not a threat to the public. So what will jail time really do here. The real punishment is everything that he has gone through after the events, the same as Reevas family.

• Stupid but not premeditated

I think he may have been a hot head and fame may have may have gone to his head. From all I learned about the case, I would call it unintentional manslaughter.

According to information, he had other plans for that day, hence it could hardly be premeditated.

In my view he may have acted very, very stupidly and selfishly, and some of that may have been due to his condition and fame.

If I was the judge, who of course I am not, I would recommend him for 5-8 years prison time.

His career is gone and he may forever need the financial support of his family. I think he learned his lesson.

• Stupid but not premeditated

• The state haven't established that their version is any more probable than the version of Oscar Pistorius

There are clearly witnesses from one house that embellished their statements after hearing press releases indicating the scenario of the evening. Sufficient evidence has not been presented to suggest that an argument or fight took place. Despite witnesses making notes, providing amended versions of statements (which is perfectly acceptable) , none of the witnesses have been able to indicate how long either sequence of shots (or noises) lasted. Not even a rough estimate. This does not sit well with me, as this piece of information is extremely useful when deciding the possibility of Reeva screaming. Why hasn't a single witness offered this piece of information? They may not remember the number of noises, but surely they could have offered an estimate of time duration - 4 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute etc. What have we received from all the witnesses - nothing. Why is this?

I believe Oscar Pistorius intended to shoot into the toilet door. I also believe that it's very unlikely that he wouldn't realise there was a very good chance he would kill whoever was behind the door. Was he aware that Reeva was behind the door? I'm not yet convinced.

There's plenty more of the trial to be heard yet, so my opinion may still change.

• Both reckless and negligent, not calculated.

Usually when people purposely murder, with prior calculation and design, they don't do it from behind a door. This suggests that he was putting a barrier between himself and a perceived intruder. However, he should have positively identified the "intruder" with the light on before firing. Also, once he realized it was his girlfriend, he made not one, not two, but three frantic phone calls for help. That doesn't suggest the actions of a calculated killer. I think he made a bone-headed decision that will haunt him for the rest of his life. I think he sincerely regrets his actions, and I do believe he is genuinely upset about it. I do think he needs to serve time. Life, maybe not.

• Not premeditated in my opinion

At the outset I thought they must've had a big argument, he might've been high on steroids and become extremely aggressive ... Too much testosterone with a who dare meddle with me kind of attitude. I'll show you what I can do would have the poor lassie running into the toilet for shelter and he'd then have to carry out any threats he had made - cause he couldn't lose face ... And he always have to have his own way. I don't think he planned it at all - it was impulsive - just a chain reaction and I think he wanted to frighten her. The only thing that I think differently now is that he doesn't seem to have been in steroids, nor any other drug. His ego is his drug of choice methinks.

No matter what - he killed her and I think there should be some sort of sentence for his action.

• Too trigger happy

In my opinion I believe he loved guns and was obsessed with them, I think he really wanted to shoot somebody with them and convinced himself there was anintruder because he wanted to use his gun so much so I don't believe he even thought about the possibility it could be reeva. Stupid mistake, stupid man for not checking but I don't think he intended to kill HER.

nnseany says2014-05-21T06:42:54.440
Yes he's a liar. Spoiled rich kid!!!