Did Pierre Trudeau's economic policies lead directly to the expanding national debt?

• Yes i do

I think Pierre Trudeau's economic policies were right wing and disastrous for the Canadian economy. And yes, that includes an exploding debt. He was a neocon before it was popular to be a neocon. Matter of fact, he reminds me very much of politicians like Harper and George W. Bush.

• That's the price of progress.

Yes, Pierre Trudeau's economic policies did indeed lead directly to the expanding national debt of Canada. But I think that's simply a product of governing an expanding nation that has decided to treat its citizens more humanely. When such changes happen, the higher costs and added debts are a natural occurrence.

• Yes, I do.

• No, Pierre Trudeau's economic policies did not lead directly to the expanding national debt.

No, Pierre Trudeau's economic policies did not lead directly to the expanding national debt. The fact is that national debt was already expanding greatly prior to Pierre Trudeau's policies. Based on the economic changes that took place, there were signs that Pierre's economic policies were actually successful, just not to the level that was able to counteract the national debt that was already there.

• National Debt dates back many years

The United States national debt has always been a problem dating back to earlier presidential times of bad decisions. Pierre Trudeau and some of the economic policies he has implemented has helped to maintain deficit to international countries. But overall there are many major players associated with the national debt.

• Not one man

No, one man did not send the country into a deep debt, it is the combination of a lot of problems that have been building up for a long time now. It took a long time to go this deep in debt, and one man did not put us there.