Did releasing alleged Lockerbie bomber Abdul Baset Ali al-Magrahi drive a wedge between Great Britain and the U.S.A.?

• Great Britain And The U.S.A

I personally think that while the United States greatly disliked the move Britain made by releasing Abdul Baset Ali Al-Magrahi I believe the alliance between the two countries is to great both economically and military for there to be any long lasting wedge driven in the relationship between the two countries.

• No, there isn't a wedge between the U.S.A. and Great Britain.

I think that while the release of the alleged Lockerbie bomber Abdul Base Ali al-Magrahi was a great dissapoint to many, it did not cause any lasting effects on the relationship between the U.S.A. and Great Britain. I do think that it wil take some time for the anger to subside.

• There Is Politics And There Is Compassion

While President Obama may have been surprised, disappointed and angry at the release - I hardly agree that "all of us in America" feel that way. At the time of his release al-Magrahi dropped an appeal of his sentence that may well have succeeded in proving his innocence, given the controversy around his conviction. If he had been imprisoned for any other crime, it would have been no issue to release him on compassionate grounds. The U.S. has taken an unreasonably extreme stance on any crime that can be characterized as terrorism - including adopting a doctrine of guilty until proven innocent. In the long run, this is going to hurt us in the eyes of the entire world.

• No, I don't think the release of Abdul Baset Ali Al-Magrahi drove a wedge in US and Great Britian relations

I believe that while the United States greatly disliked the move Britain made by releasing Abdul Baset Ali Al-Magrahi I believe the alliance between the two countries is to great both economically and military for there to be any long lasting wedge driven in the relationship between the two countries.

• It did not

No, I do not think that this make any bad feelings between us, and that neither side din not care all that much about what happened to this man, or if he was released or not. I think that the media was the ones that made it a big deal.