Did Ted Haggard's disgrace encourage the evangelical church to be more honest about homosexuality?

• Yes, they are more honest now.

Generally when people see that what they are doing is hurting others they admit to mistakes and try to correct them. I believe that some people may do it just to get people off of their back but I find it hard to believe that religious people, who want to live good lives would lie.

• No, I do not think so.

Ted Haggard was cast to the fringes by most evangelicals who adhere to, ironically, the principals that Haggard spouted in his megachurch for so many years. I don't think Evangelicals, as a whole, softened on their stance about homosexuality. If anything, they got even more brutal and more hateful afterward.

• No, but it should have.

The evangelical church, some of the churches, are hypocrites. They will never admit that people are really gay and can't help it. Ted Haggard's situation should have encouraged them to be honest, and people should have been able to view that as an example even if the church didn't admit the truth, but people are stubborn sometimes.

• Maybe for a minute

I know we should not generalize, but from what I have just seen in Arizona, and what Republicans have tried to pass in many other states. I do not think Ted Haggard's disgrace caused the church to be more honest with homosexuality. That does not mean all churches feel this way. It could just be a handful of state churches who feel this way. That is why I feel like I am generalizing a bit.

• Yes, Ted Haggard's disgrace encouraged the church to be more honest about homosexuality.

I think that the disgrace that occurred with Ted Haggard encourage the evangelical church to be more honest about homosexuality. It is clear that after the Ted Haggard scandal, the evangelical church had to do damage control and try to fix their image in the general public. I think it could be seen as a good thing.