• Dude dinos man

Long long ago millenniums before the first birds were even around there were large reptilian beasts known as dinosaurs. Since dinosaurs are reptiles that means they lay eggs. Since the question did not specify whether it had to be a chicken egg this mean only one possible thing. The egg was first.

• The egg dose come before the Chicken

It makes since because in the stages of a life of a chicken the egg must come first before the chicken or els the chicken would not be born. Besides how would a chicken come before an egg in the first place. The baby chicken is not born like a human so it must be born in an egg unless it is a demented chicken, but that is not my point. Chickens but come before eggs! It is scientifically impossible!

• Yes it did.

Since the chicken evolved from some earlier form, and the modern chicken is born from an egg, the egg must come first. The thing that layed the first chicken egg was not itself a chicken, but an earlier version of it. So the egg must have come before the chicken.

• Dinosaurs and reptiles laid eggs before birds

Eggs are laid by more than just birds. Crocodiles and snakes lay eggs before chickens even existed so the principle of the egg was there before the chicken. If we are talking about the chicken itself then some experts say birds are the direct descendants of dinosaurs which also themselves laid eggs. So the egg most definitely came first.

• It just did!!

I personally think that the egg must have came first because my sources have told me “that scientists used a proto-like chicken that laid an egg containing a DNA mutation that resulted in a chicken”. A long time ago there were birds that were like chickens it was generally like a chicken,Krulwich called it the proto-chicken.The proto-hen laid an egg the the proto-rooster fertilized but when the genes fused it combined in a new way creating a new species the chicken.
    The chicken had to come from somewhere.Think about it in terms of evolution. A dinosaur didn't change while it was alive. It evolves with generations. Therefore, a bird dinosaur must have laid an egg that evolved into a chicken. Now on the other hand others may think that the chicken came first because how can you get an egg without a chicken.Researchers found that the formation of egg shells relies on a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries. Therefore, an egg can exist only if it has been inside a chicken.As I said before sientist yoused a proto-chicken wich is a fake chicken that still is a “chicken” but it made the DNA of a real chicken.

• It just did!!

• It just did!!

• The chicken had to come from somewhere.

Think about it in terms of evolution. A dinosaur didn't change while it was alive. It evolves with generations. Therefore, a bird dinosaur must have laid an egg that evolved into a chicken. So an egg came first. Plus where would a chicken randomly come from? Do chickens fall from the sky?

• Where did the egg come from?

A chicken-like animal laid an egg which a chicken came out of; this is because of Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. This is why the egg came first; however the chicken was inside the egg so you could say it was a draw and undermine the entire life long argument.

• The egg came first.

The first chicken egg had to have been laid by the proto - chicken. Eventually the egg hatched with the resultant chicken then looking for a suitable rooster or proto - rooster, from which we eventually came to the chicken we have today. Perhaps a better question is " Where did the chicken I had for dinner come from, if I already had eggs for breakfast?"

• The chicken hatched the egg

There can not be a egg with out a chicken because a chicken would have to exist to hatch the egg , to mate with another chicken or to even lay the egg. Taking into consideration people view on religion believing in god or not definitely will be a part of your determination on the chicken or the egg coming first.

• The egg came WITH the chicken.

Similar to baby girls born with eggs necessary for future reproduction, evolution brought us a chicken, let's call her Eve, already carrying her thousands of itty-bitty eggs necessary to start production of her egg laying assembly line. However, unlike the future mother, Eve does not require male intervention to lay unfertilized eggs. The supreme and divine rooster, Adam, may crow about being the father of all chickens but he is not the father of all chicken eggs. This argument brought to you by a redneck farm boy with no previous learning or liscense for proper formal debate.

• No the Chicken came first

Assuming that God made all creatures on the earth, it says that he created all ANIMALS. I dont think that he would just put a bunch of different eggs on the earth, he would actually make the animal, weither they were fully grown or not is the question but not eggs.

• No, the chicken existed first.

No, the egg did not come before the chicken, because a chicken would have had to existed in order for the chicken to lay the egg. Even if evolution is true, instead of creationism, the chicken still would have had to have come first, otherwise it would be a different kind of egg.

• God made everything first. So chicken first

Lets go with what the bible says. God made adam without adam being born. So I can assume that the chicken was created by God first, and then the chicken made the egg. This is a very easy question to answer lol. I hope people agree with me on this.

• I wish there was a "neither" on the opinoins page.

Chiclens weren't the first animals to lay eggs. So instead of saying "chicken and egg", I will be saying "chicken and chicken egg."

The difference between species is a bit like the distinction between a minor and an adult. A 17yo may be close to an adult, and some say he's in between, but for legal convenience, he is classed as a minor. Similarly, there are many "in between forms" in evolution, but for convenience, they must either be classified into one species or another. It is up to biologists to decide where the line is.

The first chicken was created by an animal that isn't, but is similar to, a chicken. Let's call it the Proto-chicken.

Which came first, chicken, or chicken egg? Depends on how you define a chicken egg. If you define a chicken egg as "an egg that contains a chicken", then the chicken egg came first. If you define a "chicken egg" as an egg that comes FROM a chicken, then no. The first chicken came from a proto-chicken egg, so the chicken came first.