• Yes it made HUGE political Connotations on this Hypersensitive Debate.

This year, the Grammy Awards weren't just about the music, they were also about making a statement in the same-sex marriage debate. 34 couples -- both gay and straight -- exchanged rings and said "I do," as officiated on stage by Queen Latifah. The actress/rapper/talk show host was recently deputized by Los Angeles County to legally conduct wedding ceremonies and will sign the marriage certificates for each couple. I do not understand why they cannot just make the night about the Music and Musicians. Why does Propaganda for advancing tolerance have to be interjected into a night about music? Regardless of your views on traditional or same sex marriages there is no reason to take every single event and make it center stage for such a heated debate amongst Americans. I think it was off putting and forceful of Music Industry to leave the Realm of Music and turn it into a Political Statement. I am so tired of Political messages being infused into everything.