Did the North Miami police have a right to shoot an unarmed man earlier this month?

• That shooting seems wrong.

At this point, it seems like the shooting of an unarmed man by North Miami police was wrong and uncalled for. However, in this case and in ALL of the recent shooting cases, more information still needs to be found out. We need to be careful about jumping to conclusions and calling for blood when we don't have the whole story yet.

• No, they did not.

I think the police need more training to handle hostile situations where they do not know if the person is armed or unarmed. I understand that it is very difficult to prepare for situations where you're faced with a potential threat who may end up being innocent as well. The police and the community need to come together and find a way to diffuse the tension so that a policeman's first instinct isn't to shoot.

• No, the Miami Police did not have the right to shoot an unarmed man.

No, the police had no right to shoot an unarmed man. Police shootings are an epidemic in this country, and the vast majority of them are targeting marginalized groups. The "shoot first, ask questions later" approach of the police, plus the racism endemic across forces, is leading to outrageous miscarriages of justice and warrants a large-scale investigation.

• I don't agree that they had the right to shoot an unarmed man.

I do not know the details of this one. It is possible that the man may have looked threatening to the officers or the officer may have misjudged the situation and accidentally shot him. If the man wasn't posing a threat of any other before mentioned circumstances didn't happen they do not have the right to shoot.