Did the U.S.A have an alternative choice to the Japan Atomic Bomb?

• Butts or not?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• No reasonable options

After the surrender of Nazi Germany, the allies turned to their last enemy, Japan. Plans had been drawn up for the largest naval operation of the time, even larger than D-Day. However, such an invasion was studied and certain to cause millions of deaths and a destruction of Japan in all aspects of life. The Japanese were determined to fight on, so an invasion of the Japanese mainland would be a long arduous battle with no end in sight. So, in order to shorten the war and bring the determined Japanese to their knees, an atomic bomb was dropped on the city of Hiroshima. Even this did not convince the Japanese to surrender, and it was only with a second bomb on Nagasaki that the japanese finally surrendered.

Despite all the horrors of these bombs, the atomic bombs did actually take less lives than an invasion would have. It was the less costly option for both sides. Whether we like it or not.