Did Titanfall really flop (Yes) or did it exceed all expectations (No)

Asked by: Dishoungh
  • Titanfall>Call of Duty

Better multiplayer experience on Titanfall. The game brings more innovation. I think IW are over doing it w/ the Field Orders in Ghosts. Although there good concepts they just shouldn't belong there. Plus the single player is also very enjoyable like COD so Titanfall for me was worth the excitement.

• It was massively overhyped...

Before its release, Titanfall was all that gamers were talking about and the buzz was insane. In fact, I was planning on buying it, but I eventually decided against it. I just got the feeling that it wasn't my type of game. A few months after its release, I talked to a friend who had bought the game, and he said that the story mode was horrible, and the only fighting he was doing in multiplayer was mainly bots, and the lobbies were about 20% players. Just from doing my own research, I came to the conclusion that it had been completely overestimated. All of the people who say that the game was a success are the ones who really enjoyed it for what it was, even with its major flaws. I'm the same way with Star Wars Battlefront. Unfortunately, these players are the minority in these debates.

• From An Xbox One User...I Think It Flopped

Though I don't believe it is a bad game in the least, I bought an Xbox One day one looking toward to 3 games, Titanfall was the first of those games to release and I planned on playing it for months, but let's be honest here people, the Story mode is a big joke, there are only 10 primary guns with virtually no gun customization, a serious lack of variety in game modes, and the DLC hasn't helped the game improve just stay where its at. Minions in all matches is a terrible idea, the competitiveness felt in games like Halo, Battlefield, Counter Strike and Call of Duty is nowhere to be found here. And with no sales numbers released by EA I assume it didn't sell how they needed it to. On the case it says "Believe The Hype" like the Hype train was ALL it had going for it, let your games do the talking.

• Not at all

Remember the believe the hype thing? Rarely such comments actually relate to the real world. Titanfall is a core multiplayer experience. It didn't mess around with a pointless storyline like Battlefield or Call of Duty. Even the so called campaign is a multiplayer of its own. The 30 gigs of audio? Well honestly it allows fair pcs to manage higher performance by using decompressed audio, a really well made decision for an fps, where speed and performance matters. There is a big community but I believe PC didn't get the hype the Xbone did. Overall I think the people who don't like it are generally people who haven't played it and come up with silly reasons like, 6v6, mechs vs people, Cod with robots, made by the creators of CoD. Once has to see what a success the call of duty games have enjoyed over the years, it is a formula that satisfies the user, so saying that is not a bad thing.
    Not a flop, but not the blockbuster EA was expecting imo.

• It did not flop at all.

The game its self is a really solid game, built on good game ethnics. The story line is good. It is well built to have the same feelings when playing online or in a multiplier lobby. That is why titan fall has not flopped is because the game is so closely tied to the multiplier part of the game.