Did torture mislead the U.S. into an illegal war?

• I was tortured for almost 3 years

I was tortured for almost 3 years by the FBI and their friends only because an 85 year old man, Roland Sibens (Chicago), convinced them that I am a terrorist. I was tortured for working on my prosthetic legs in the basement. I did absolutely nothing illegal or wrong. They thought that in theory it is possible to hide bombs in them. They saw an
    opportunity to get famous, so they were trying to torture me until I signed their insane story. They tortured me using more than 100 different torturing methods and trust me waterboarding is not how they torture nowadays. I dont know where to find justice.

I think that after 9/11 things got out of control. Freedom fighters became tyrants. In 1945, most Germans had an opportunity to learn about Nazi death camps. I hope that one day American citizens will get chance to learn about people like me, who were tortured with no reason for years.

• Yes, it did

It's been proven over and over again that torture leads to misleading information. Therefore, the information gathered from tortured suspects is suspect itself. No wonder we were unable to find any weapons of mass destruction--they weren't there to begin with. Is this really a surprise to anyone now? I thought everyone knew this sort of thing.

• YES

It absolutely did mislead us into an illegal war. I will not deny that there were other factors, but a lot of the key information that led us into making the decision to go into an illegal war turned out to be completely false.

This information was obtained by torture, and it makes sense that it would be false. When you torture people, they are going to do anything to make you stop. They are going to tell you whatever they think you want to hear, and it is a coin toss as to whether the information is true.

• It helped contribute

We know for certain is that the US Federal Government practices torture on people suspected of terrorism. This has been long established. It's also been established that torture is a poor means of gaining accurate information, as the suspect will often break down and give false information just to stop the torture. I can't assert that it was the single cause, but I can assert that it was a contributing factor.

• Torture did not mislead the US into an illegal war

It wasn't torture that misled the US into the war in Iraq. It was based mostly on faulty intelligence from US and British sources that claimed that Iraq was developing weapons of mass destruction. This was also combined with an administration that at the time wanted to deflect blame for 9/11 on a non-existent enemy, Saddam Hussein. In conclusion, it was these factors that led the US to war, not necessarily torture per se.

• No, torture did not create an illegal war.

Torture did not lead us to an illegal war. The reason for this is that there is no such thing as a legal war. Since all wars are illegal, torture was not the reason. Torture may have given us more information about what was going on, but it is not even the reason for the war.

• A War Hearty President Did

I do not believe torture lead the United States into an illegal war. I believe George Bush wanted a war during his administration and I believe he did everything in his power to make sure he started that war. It was weapons of mass destruction that sent us into Iraq and when we didn't find them, we just kept right on going.

• Torture Didn't Mislead U.S.

Torture didn't lead the U.S. into an illegal war. The presence of weapons of mass destruction brought the United States to the Middle East, even though we later found out that such weapons didn't exist. Torture may have yielded such information, but the country went after the weapons without caring about the torture.

• No, the war was supported.

No, torture did not mislead the U.S. into an illegal war, because the evidence to go to war was strong. There is still not sufficient evidence that Iraq was not developing the technologies that they claimed they were. Iraq is better off for our having fought the war and the world is a safer place.

• No.

Torture was more of a symptom, and not the root cause of this military action (as it's not a war). Faulty information came from multiple differing sources, and torture was not the sole cause of the misinformation. Add into the fact that the government was looking for any reason to invade anyway, and you get your military action.