• Yes some truth.

Although it may not have been completely based on truth, as few things are, it definitely had some truth in it. Some of the events were things that actually happened. The movie "Wall Street" was just that, a movie, but there were some parts of it that were truthful. I don't want to give away what parts were true in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

• I believe it talks about a vicious system that has existed since colonial times

Wall Street was built on theft. I don't like how corporations are blamed. I think Mr Stone nailed it on this movie. I believe "Wall Street" doesn't blame corporations, but rather Wall Street itself. It was built on slavery and organized theft. People who call the Confederacy evil seem to overlook that Wall Street and much of Yankeeland was built on oppression and theft.