Did we, as humans, create everything (language, math, ideas, thoughts, etc.)? If so, can't we just as easily say something is something else?

Asked by: Dr3w99Dr3w
  • We did and we can.

If we wanted to we could say that 5+5=43 with no proof simply because it is, so why wouldn't we be able to apply this knowledge to other aspects of life. Whose to say what we know is right? We can create a new language just because I say so.

• If you are an irrational human, yes.

If you are an irrational person then the world needs to have no reason and you can believe anything. From gravity not existing to any number of other "facts". We don't really know anything about the world except through repeated action. Things that go up have always come down in my experience, but I'm just assuming and believing. That is not to say they won't one day....

• If you are an irrational human, yes.

• No to the first, Yes to the second

In answer to the first question we did create those things, in a manner of speaking. But, in a manner of speaking, no to the second one in that we can't just make them whatever we want. 5+5 cannot equal 43 unless one develops a number system to make it work. For instance, one could imagine 5intheirsystem = 25inoursystem, 4intheirsystem = 1inoursystem and 3intheirsystem = 24inoursystem in a base 26 system. However it would also force 43t + 4t = 51o. So, one can in a sense start from a particular point, but they have to work from that point once they start.