Did you like "Harry Potter the Cursed Child"?

Asked by: rach.meow
  • It was a good way to end a great series

Overall I liked this book. It slowed down at some parts but it picked back up. Once you think you know what's going to happen...BAM! She throws a curve ball at you. I was a little confused at ertain parts in the book. I think that the first 30-40 pages were a little rushed. One minute Albus is talking to Scorpius for the first time and the next they're talking and it's their fourth ear at Hogwarts. I like how she threw in alternate endings but they kind of dragged on. So yeah. This is a great way to end a legendary series.

• "Harry Potter and the Ruined Childhood"

Do you realize how truly awful this book is? Cedric turns into a death eater? Way to ruin a great character. Hermione becomes the Minister of Magic? This goes against everything we loved about her character. Suddenly Draco is a great person and totally chummy with Harry Potter? Heh, that's funny. Ron becomes a useless bumbling oaf who only eats stuff? No. Voldemort has a daughter !?! No way in all the realms of Oblivion. WITH BELETRIX?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What the actual . . . Okay, okay. I digress. Let's just say, although it pains me to an extreme degree, that all of this stuff is . . . Plausible. I guess. It technically could happen within the world.

But really, it couldn't. The whole Time Turner thing was failure because in other canon sources that I actually went out and bought (the Pottermore e-books) Rowling states that the Time Turner can travel a maximum of 5 hours back in time without seriously injuring or killing the user.

Additionally, do you remember that part where Voldemort won because Evil Cedric had killed Neville? This also supposedly caused Snape to still survive and Harry to die and lose to Voldemort.

There are several glaring problems here. First, Cedric would never kill Neville in a trillion years, but again, I guess it's kind of "plausible." What really gets me is that somehow this means Snape is still alive. Even if Neville was killed, it happened AFTER Snape was killed, meaning Voldemort still would have perceived Snape as the master of the Elder Wand and killed him.

ADDITIONALLY Voldemort NEVER would have killed Harry. Even if he still had a Horcurux in the form of Nagini because Neville couldn't kill it, that only means that Voldemort would return to his spirit form that he was in in the first book, because Harry would STILL be the master of the Elder Wand.

AND even if Harry wasn't the master of the Elder Wand, Voldemort still could not possible kill him because he has Harry's blood inside him.

This book totally destroys a large amount of the Harry Potter plot we all know and love. It ruins the characters we love and that I loved growing up. It is the worst possible way to end this legendary series.

• It sucks damn sucks

This book sucks sucks sucks suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck

• It sucks damn sucks