Did you think The Amazing Spiderman 2 was a good movie?

Asked by: Speakerfrthedead
  • Yes it is

By far, the best Spider-Man to ever come out. It's a perfect movie in my eyes. I honestly don't even think some of the people who like this movie know how good of a movie this actually is. Phenomenal job by the director (Marc Webb), music (Hans Zimmer, Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr) Actors/Actress (Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan) and all the way from the writing credits to the editorial department, this film was just...AMAZING!! [Generator Whirrs Off]...Circuit 39 :D

• Best movie of 2014!!!! Screw those stupid critics!!

When I saw the trailer for this film, I thought it was going to be great. Guess what? I was right!! I don't see why people hate on this movie so much... Maybe it's because of that stupid Captain America movie. Also, don't ever listen to those stupid annoying critics. They are the one of the stupidest things in the world!! Anyways, here are the reasons why I love the film:

1. Awesome special effects (even better if you watching it in IMAX!)
    2. Electro and Green Goblin were amazing!
    3. Great acting from great actors!
    4. Romantic chemistry between Peter and Gwen!
    5. Green goblin transformation scene was one of those "oh my god this is going to be so dope!" moments.
    6. It's the spider man that we have always wanted! (Funny and cocky comics version)
    7. Aunt may scenes were emotional.
    Overall the movie was epic! But, here are the things that I don't like:
    1. Rhino's short screen time
    2. Final battle between spidey and Goblin. (Though it was too intense and short. Needs to be a lot longer and a lot less intense)
    3. Too much dialogue (don't worry, those 2 hrs and 22 mins will fly by very fast!)
    4. Story still focuses on peters parents.
    5. Too many subplots
    6. Focus on one villian not 3!
    7. Should have included the scene in which Spiderman beats the Green Goblin to death after Gwens demise!! (That would be an awesome scene!!)
    8. It ends where it's about to get good!
    Well, that is it!

• It certainly is.

Some people said that the giant lizard is a weak villain, but when I saw the back of that taxi, I could feel my heart pounding in my throat. Besides, the first movie is all the origin, so it's more about becoming Spiderman rather than fighting villains right away, which was one of the things that annoyed me about the original. I did like it! But I also felt like Mary Jane was a sci-fi version of Bella from Twilight, because all she did was scream and get kidnapped and get saved. Gwen, on the other hand, although definitely not perfect, is smart and brave and loyal, and is like the second half of Spiderman no one sees; she's actually a good role model.

• Yes it was

I thought the Amazing Spiderman 2 was the best Spiderman movie that has ever been made. The way that it is directed puts it far and above all previous Spiderman movies, because it isn't just about senseless action, and the superhero himself. It has elements of almost every kind of movie genre that you can think of. The action scenes were remarkable, and the visual effects were second to none. Dane DeHaan in particular does a great job as Harry Osborn, as he shows Harry's gradual descent into rage and madness very vividly. Andrew Garfield finds the balance of humor, joy, and maturity he needs to fully realize himself as Spiderman. He did a tremendous job. Emma Stone was awesome as usual, and she and Garfield's chemistry is amazing. The ending was played out so well, and the scene showing Peter at Gwen's gravesite throughout every season is so poignant and sad. I loved every minute of this movie, and the only complaint I have is the music that Electro makes as he bounces Spiderman around on the energy towers. All in all, it was a masterpiece of a film, in my opinion.

• Personally, it is one of the best Spider Man movies.

I like the original Spider Man movies too but this one is exceptionally well done. The first time I watched it, I agreed with the critics that the movie has too many sub plots and too many villains. But this was because the ending on the movie had too much of an impact for me since I loved the character from the start. This left me leaving the movie feeling overwhelmed. But as I watched the movie the second time, I saw how everything fitted together and how exceptionally well done the movie was. All of the character developments, emotional drama, actions, and sub plots were all tied in together and well directed. Maybe the movie had an unfocused narrative but it did not really matter since Peter Parker's narration can be annoying. The special effects were fantastic and so was the soundtrack. The movie also does the ending to perfection and the final minutes felt even more epic and gave even more goosebumps than the first time I watched it. I seriously like this movie.

• The Secret Life of an American Superhero

If you are a teenage girl, Twilight fan, or both, you would probably enjoy this soap opera of a movie that is The Amazing Spiderman 2. I compare this movie to the TV show on ABC Family, "The Secret Life of an American Teenager". I walked into the movie theater expecting to see an action packed superhero extravaganza and instead I got a two hour sob story from multiple characters. "Oh my father died" or "Oh my girlfriend died". Maybe if Petey kept his promise to Gwen's father she would still be alive. The two action scenes, the one at the beginning with the stolen Oscorp truck and the one at the end Electro vs. Spiderman, were alright although there were very cheezy effects. I mean can someone explain the electronic/dubstep song created by Electro as he struck those electric poles? Completely unnecessary. The only people who would enjoy this terribly executed movie are the teenage girl Twilight- fans. Emurr18 your opinion is way off. Top 5 worst movie of the year. It is hard to mess up a superhero movie but they did. Not even the sweet hair of Andrew Garfield could save this movie.

When I went to the movie theater to see the Amazing Spiderman 2 I expected an action packed two hour superhero extravaganza. What I got was a love story that could only possibly appeal to teenage girls. This movie reminded me of the television show on ABC family, "The Secret Life of an American Teenager". The two action scenes, the one at the beginning with the stolen Oscorp truck and at the end Electro vs. Spiderman, were well done albeit with cheesey effects. Especially the techno song playing as Electro struck the electro pole things. Give me one reason that should be included in the movie. Perhaps I only have a positive opinion on the action scenes because they were a break from the Twilight- styled teen love drama. In conclusion I would not pay the high ticket prices of the movie theater to see this movie unless you are a fan of the Twilight series.

• This is literally the worst Spider-Man "film," if you could even call it that.

This movie is cheap entertainment and deserves to be called no less. The musical score by Hans Zimmer is horrendous. This is possibly his worst work in his career. The dubstep theme was the worst villain theme I have heard, possibly, ever. Here are some of the lyrics to the theme.

He lied to me
    He shot at me
    He hates on me
    He's using me
    Afraid of me
    He's dead to me

How much more literal may one be? Electro hates Spider-Man. Film is primarily a visual medium. This is essentially spoonfeeding the audience. That was probably included to allow for the lowest denomination of people to understand, but I will never know because I am not in that group of intellectually-inhibited.

The screenplay is disgusting in its inefficiency. All of the characters are one-dimensional archetypes. Electro is exemplary of this. What are his motivations for going after Spider-Man? Spider-Man forgot his name. As far as the audience knows, he does not have any concrete psychopathic disorder. Most of the actions he makes are uninspired and make no sense. He is the worst Spider-Man villain we have seen on-screen. Spider-Man is a nerd with no depth to him. Tobey Maguire did so much of a better job than Andrew. The only reason he was hired in the first place is to pander towards awkward tweens. Gwen Stacy barely has a character either. Her character is barely established, and she is just in the film to act as a love interest.

For all of you who say the directing is really good, think again. Marc Webb has stated many times in the past that he was not able to make the film he wanted to due to corporate interests. That is why James Horner left. The film's narrative is nothing but cohesive. The pacing is horrendous. None of the elements, not just in plot, seem to fit together.