Dish-Disney deal: Will cable TV be obsolete in the next 5 years?

• Cable TV will be obsolete within the next 5 years

I think cable TV will be obsolete in the next 5 years because there are streaming services like Hulu & Netflix, also, there are Roku streaming players, Apple tv's, and chrome cast, also, there are new flat antennas, I'm not talking about those rabbit ears, the newer, thinner, lighter, flatter antennas. That way you can watch live tv, and then you have an Apple TV or a Roku or chromecast to stream your favorite tv shows & movies that are not live.

• Cable TV will be obsolete in the next 5 years.

Cable TV will be obsolete in the next 5 years. I think that they are too expensive for most of America citizens right now. With the economy the way that it is we are cutting back on the expenses such as television packages. I think with the Internet and services like HULU and Netflix, cable television will not last.

• Cable TV will be obsolete in the near future.

Just look at the rise of streaming video providers like Netflix, who not only are using their platform to revolutionize the way in which we watch TV -- in large chunks of a single show, or multiple sittings distributed across time and space -- they are also delivering some of the most valuable original content on the market today.

• It is too mainstream.

No cable TV will not be obsolete in the next 5 years, because there are still problems with DISH. With DISH, every time there is a weather event, the signal is lost. People still like to sit down in front of their televisions and relax, so it is unlikely that they will drop cable completely.

• It will take more than five years before cable TV becomes obsolete.

I believe that it will take longer than five years before cable TV becomes obsolete. One such reason I believe this is although costs of living are going up and many people are becoming "cable cutters" and switching to Internet, many people still are unable to access the Internet (homelessness, too expensive, etc.). Even with more people switching to Internet TV, it is still not enough to correctly say that TV will become obsolete in the next five years.