Dividing California: Should California be divided into two separate states?

• Yes, California should be split.

The U.S. flag would look better with 51 stars. In addition to that, it is unfair for the few rich citizens to carry on their backs the rest of their state just because they are ahead economically. Creating a second state would allow these citizens to expand their businesses and employ more workers and help the nation's economy.

• I am from Bay area and I am more than happy to divide California into 3 states and equally divided by population

Hi,
    I am for bay area, area, and software developer. I see that California has become unmanageable w.R.T allocation of resources, and it's managed by people who don't even know the issues. Any decision made by them affects the whole state, and for no reason. With 13-14 million population states, it can be managed in better for all the resources, and all the tax money, and it will be controlled by localized political place. I am more than 100 percent for this division. Hail northern California.Hail USA.

• Urban vs rural

People should be able to free themselves from an overly oppressive and poorly run government. It the majority of the people living in Eastern California want to separate themselves from the very urban Western portion of California, they should be able to do so. This is how West Virginia was formed, legally.

• Urban vs rural

• Urban vs rural

• Urban vs rural

• It doesn't represent the people as a whole

After years of over taxation, regulation, and mono party politics the State of California and many of its 58 Counties have become ungovernable. Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to seek a constitutional remedy to the abuse of powers.

• Separate by Ideals

Definitely pursue dividing the state into two or more independent states. The people in the coastal metropolitan area live in a world of their own, different than any area in the country. Let them be their own state and figure out how to sustain their practices. Allow the rest of the state grow their economy and infrastructure in the without the burden of the utopian, unrealistic ideas of the loony left coast.

• Give people who live in the interior a chance

Right now, people from the San Francisco Bay Area (where I live) and Greater Los Angeles run the state. They make sure that the economy works for them, while farmers, transportation workers and blue collar workers have no say and who's economy is being destroyed by the coastal elites governing the state. The solution is to split California in two, this way, the people on the coast can continue to govern themselves as they see fit, and the people in the interior can go in a different direction and govern themselves as they see fit. Whether California stays together or splits in two, nothing will change for those on the coast, but people on the interior will be given a chance.

• Do not split california

It is useless to try to split California into 3 states. It would not do any good for Californians. ESPECIALLY TO THE U>S ECONOMY. ONE part of California would most definitely be more powerful than an other part. Just cuz some people think that we should split it cuz we have to be free of blah blah DOESNT MEAN WE SPLIT IT. KEEP IT HOW IT IS FOR PETES SAKe

• Do not split california

• 100% against our beautiful California to be divided, lets stop them

For YEARS Californian is be in seeking and why; we have choose the wrong People as Governor, Mayor, Senate, Congress, etc. They work for the ELITE, ILUMINATI . . . . NOT for US California Residence is, we are the paying Higher Taxes, Gasoline, Car Registration, and know with the Company TAX CUT wants to keep 50% and of course Companies will be moving OUT the CA STATE. Is that what we one? "LETs VOTE NO & LETs UNITED" THEY ARE BE IN DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY, THE SAME WAY WHERE IN OUR COUNTRY !!!! WE CAN NOT LET THEM!!!!. . . . . Peace in Earth and LOVE to Everyone AMEN

• This would be devistating for the inland states economy

There are many words i can use to describe this attempt stupid doesn't come close it's a plot be the Republican minority in the state to split off getting far more of the state then the smaller yet more powerful costal state if Californians like myself were somehow smoking so much weed and we're so drunk that we were blind and somehow voted for this it would fail rapidly with the inland states economy failing and San Diego demanding to join the costal state there would be protests and anger as many of my fellow Californians (Wich many of the people that support this aren't) do not support this

• No Jefferson State

California has been a great state and should never be devised in two, if it is devided then our state will be destroyed so In conclusion we shouldn't split the state in two because California is already great the way it is and if we do split we might as well attack Canada

• Hi guys my name is sam

Proponents of a ballot initiative aimed at splitting California into six states (or, more simply, one proponent: venture capitalist Tim Draper) may have collected enough signatures to put the initiative on the ballot. This is the beauty and the annoyance of California's initiative and referenda system. If you have enough cash, getting something on the ballot is relatively trivial, meaning that relatively trivial ideas -- like splitting California into six different states -- can be put up for a vote. (Happily, in this instance the federal government would have to sign off on the idea, which it will never do, because, come on.)

• The boss has the answer

Hi guys today we have me up and i will roast everyone who disagrees with me. By the way my name is Daniel Zimbitskyy and im answering for my little brother. We both are from the school WPCS and we have a debate too. So i vote california not to be divided because i vote for it and no matter what you guys say i still have the right answer and again im saying NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, I WILL WIN THE DEBATE if you are not agree with me. But if you are on my side thumbs up and that is what I call cool. Just chill

• What is the point

It's total BS and I'm tired of everyone in southern California who are for it pretending that this move is anything more than Los Angeles and San Fransisco being so self-indulgent that they want to be their own state. We all know that this is the only reason, there's nothing else. I live in northern California and I know what the southerners think of us, they think we're all hippie potheads which isn't true. The presence is there, yeah, but not all of us are like that. I really agree withthis statement

• Leave California How it is

California should not be divided because it would look awkward. I love to live in a free country and state and i don't want any division in this state. If we divide California then How will we go to places that we need to. For an example if i was to go to whispering pines school (which is located in Plymouth) How will I get there if I were to live in lake Tahoe. The only way would be to cross the state and go to school. That sucksssss. I dont want to go to school by crossing a state

• No, is good

Next great depression dad d d d d d d d d d d f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f ff f