DNA profiling: Will using a person's DNA help convict more criminals?

Asked by: DShipp527
  • I believe that DNA profiling will convict more criminals.

My opinion about DNA profiling is that it’s kind of a bad thing. I say this because some of the bad things about DNA profiling is that people can take advantage of your DNA, for example people can know your private information and many other things that can affect you “DNA databases stored on computer are vulnerable to exploitation via hackers”. If a person has your DNA they can detect your identity (know who you are) “ DNA profiling is a way of establishing identity” they could also mess around with it ,that’s why many people think it is not right to take DNA samples unless they agree with it

People think that DNA profiling is a good use in solving crimes to know who did it for example they can use DNA fingerprints that would be left wherever a person goes “ DNA profiling can find the gene responsible for a hereditary disease, reveal family relationships, or link a suspect to the scene of a crime”, but i think there is other ways to solving the crimes. With DNA profiling there are risks of people messing around with your identity, people knowing who you are, seeing your personal stuff and that could all lead to bad things.

I think that it will convict criminals because it can’t always get the right person. When you have a lot of DNA profiles the more likely there can be problems. “The more DNA profiles that are compared the more likely errors are to occur.” There are also results that are due to poor building equipped for scientific experiments and research.” Can also result due to poor laboratory procedures. They would also take peoples DNA and they were not even at the crime when it happened.” policy maker are increasingly coming to grips with legal issues related to taking DNA samples from people who have not been convicted of a crime.”

One case is that people who are not convicted but arrested they are having big debates about it .There are also only 20 states that have let the law pass for DNA collection upon arrest. “Attend that is causing significant debate is gathering DNA samples from people who are arrested but not convicted. About 20 states and the federal government have passed legislation that requires DNA collection upon arrest. If someone who has never been convicted and there DNA is at the crime scene and another person that has been arrested before the person that has never been convicted is more likely the innocent person in this case. “It undermines the presumption of innocence by treating people who have merely been arrested as somehow less innocent than others who have not been convicted of any offence.”

I believe DNA profiling will convict more criminals. Health insurers could use DNA to deny coverage or claims from citizens.Health insurers use DNA to make citizens pay what the real amount is, and they won’t claim any damage. There can be an error made and the court can be convinced and will let them go. If someone was asked for their DNA they wouldn’t have any privacy considering their looking at their profile. These issues have been a problem to citizens. While the appropriate use of DNA can be helpful in reducing and reversing wrongful convictions, if its not used appropriate, over other evidence on juries and judges can create a system of wrongful convictions.

A tiny bit of evidence reveals a good amount of DNA for analysis. The
    patterns obtained can be compared with the patterns of DNA in blood or tissue
    samples obtained from suspects. No two individuals have the same DNA pattern everyone has their own unique pattern. The “DNA fingerprint” has link to telling the difference between a suspect and the crime scene.

For Darryl Hunt in Winston, Salem, was saved with DNA from more time in prison who was convicted for rape and murder. Seyed E. Hasnain from the University of Hyderabad warns the public and other agencies that DNA fingerprinting should only be used for a criminal investigation. Seyed E. Hasnain warns us to think of the damage that could be done if DNA is used to predict if a person is vulnerable to a crime or also illnesses such as cancer or HIV. DNA testing is very accurate identifying characteristics of each person.

• DNA profiling is very important in criminal investigation

If a person has committed a crime the investigators can take his/her DNA and make a database of the person and if it is that the same person that had committed the first crime commit a second one that person DNA can be tested and the person can be find guilty of the crime.

• I think that using DNA to catch a criminal is a great idea

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    yes yes

yes yes

yes yes

yes yes

yes yes

• Yes I believe

Because I believe it does not help you stupid piece of k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

• Yes I believe

• DNA profiling is bad

Say if DNA profiling was to do more than 1 DNA sample then they would have 2 suspects. The more the perpetrator kills then the more the suspects vary. If the wrong person was convicted of a crime then that certain person would have to wait until the DNA tests proved wrong or came up with a match or if the real perpetrator stepped up, become a man and admitted to himself to what he's done.

• DNA profilling is bad

I do not support DNA profilling because too many people have been covicted for crimes. Over 10,000 people have been convited for crimes they seem to not have done. If someone is to go into a prison they will probably find people who have been convicted for a crime they did not do. DNA profilling should not be ok because

• I belive we should not have Dna profiling

Why we should not have DNA Profiling

We should not have DNA profiling because they are not 100 percent correct and they could use their Dna for the wrong purposes . Although Dna can be used for criminal resources the dna can be wrong and the law enforcement could prosecute the wrong person and that person could be sentenced to life. My next reason that Dna profiling is bad is because it has caused many ethnic issues in the past and still is today the process of dna profiling can be altered and they would assume the this man is a criminal and he is not because they planted a man’s dna to make it look like that he is the criminal. The fact that Dna profiling is that does not work and is not 100 % correct it shows that Dna profiling is a bad thing.Another thing is that Dna profiling can be used in insurance companies and not allow them to have insurance because they have a genetic issue with them.

Dna profiling issue Paragraph two

In my previous opinion i mentioned that Dna profiling can be use to convict suspect for crimes they did not commit they can use it in insurance companies to not allow them to have insurance because they have a genetic disease. Multiple companies will not allow a person to have access to having life insurance because they have a genetic disease because if they could get access from their Dna or fingerprint they will deny you family from support.Children who have a genetic disorder may not be allowed to check into a hospital like an adult they are denied health support because of a disorder.

• Not cool man

Because I believe it does not help you stupid piece of k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l Because I believe it does not help you stupid piece of k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l Because I believe it does not help you stupid piece of k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

• Not cool man

No nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono no Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Yes I believe