Do accommodations for students with disabilities negatively effect the education of nondisabled students?

• Integration doesn't always work.

Yes, accommodations for students with disabilities does not negatively effect the education of nondisabled students, because sometimes integration does not always work. If a student is largely a class disruption, having that student integrated can distract the students who are not, because the student with needs will take up a large part of the teacher's time.

• Accommodations for students with disabilities do not negatively effect the education of nondisabled students.

Accommodations for students with disabilities do not negatively effect the education of non disabled students. I think that the accommodations for disabled students are overlooked by the non disabled students and they do not get in the way of each other. I think that the tools that are in place are placed appropriately.

• No, they just need to get used to them as normal.

Accommodations for students with disabilities become a normal part of the school day as soon as students get used to having a disabled student in their midst. Once the newness of the situation wears off, students are able to continue as usual. There may have to be slight changes in the way some of the classes are presented, but I don't see this as negatively affecting the non disabled.

• No They Do Not

I do not believe accommodations for students with disabilities negatively effects the education of non disabled students. These accommodations are often minimal and do not affect the way the classroom normally runs. I know in college I sat next to someone who received special accommodations for testing and he also had a tablet that was suppose to help him. His accommodations made no difference to me at all. In elementary school I went to school with a child that had, had polio; again, didn't affect me. There was another student that was blind, again, I was not affected. There are several other examples that I can come up with just in my own educational experience and I can say for every instance I was not negatively affected.