• I say Yes.

I am in the network marketing business. We see all kinds of people young and old coming in. The true winners can be anyone, both young and old who tried a little more, struggle a little more, saved a little more, got rejected a little more, sold a little more, recruited a little more and so forth. Sometimes the person who has the most stories to share is the mature one.

• Ha! Absolutely not!

The first four years of my life i was raised in an environment with no other children, and spent most of my spare time from thwn on around adults exclusively, for fear of judgement i was a shockingly mature child, now that im an adult i know i dont have to worry about opinions as much as i used to and can let loose, i have some very mature opinions and attitudes about important things but im just now breaking out and becoming a loose cannon with less serious issues

• Mature is completely subjective.

This may seem like a philosophical cop-out. Although, to me, maturity is a social standard with an endless amount of possibilities. Personally, I feel that maturity is the point in which you realize the world does not revolve around your personal needs.

When you develop an empathetic view of the world and realize we're all in this struggle together, that is maturity. To go beyond your own self-interests is that turning point to maturity, in my opinion.

• Age is but a number, Maturity is measured in other ways.

Just because someone is younger than someone else doesn't mean the older person is more mature. I've seen many people older than me that probably couldn't be rated more mature. It's a matter of experience. If a kid experiences a shooting, and a teen lives in a cushion-y lifestyle deprived of anything violent, who's going to be the more mature one. My theory is that maturity begins where childhood ends, some ending sooner than others.