• Yes they do

Yes, I do think that all crimes need to be punished, but I also think that crimes that are not all that bad do not need to have a very strict punishment. I feel like the amount of punishment should depend on how bad the committed crime actually was and who was affected.

• Yes, but not to the same extent.

All criminal activity needs to be noticed and given some sort of punishment, but sometimes that can be a fine or a community service activity. There is no need to have all crimes and all criminals be punished in the same manner because this does not take into account things like age, situation, or extent of the crime.

• It shouldn't be a crime if there is no visible victim

People like to link things like drugs to murder, rather than keep it to the simple fact that people kill people. People say things like drug smuggling leads to lives being lost to overdoses, therefore those selling the drugs are murderers. The fact is that it is up to the individual to make smart choices. Drug smuggling shouldn't be a crime, drugs should be legal. This is one example of the many crimes that should not be punished.

• They Could Also Do Rehabilitation

Some people might consider that punishment too. We like to say people who abuse drugs are criminals. They are only criminals if they commit a criminal act. They should not be considered criminals if they do not commit a criminal act, but just have a problem with drugs. Send them to some type of rehabilitation program and not prison.

• No, because some crimes aren't even crimes.

We all define crimes as something entirely different. We all socially construct our own opinions of what a crime is, and what it takes for an act to be labeled crimes. Some crimes are so minor, like repeated tickets, that I wonder why we aren't putting that time into crimes that everyone can agree on like murder.