Do American viewers deserve to become eligible to vote upon the continuing employment of sports broadcasters such as Bob Costas and Cris Collinsworth?

• They are private companies.

No, American viewers do not deserve to become eligible to vote upon the continuing employment of sports broadcasters, such as Bob Costas and Cris Collinsworth, because they work for private media outlets. Private companies have to make their own decisions about what they want to put on the air. They are the ones who have to make the money.

• Viewers should not vote

Viewers should not have ability to vote on which sports announcers are employed by the sports broadcasters. This would be a crazy idea because the people voting could change their mind from week to week depending on how the announcers performed for one particular week. This idea would not fly at all.

• The TV companies should decide.

Absolutely not, I think the decision on which sports broadcasters to employ is entirely up the owners of the TV companies. However, in a way, viewers already have a vote in that, if you stop watching the program the viewing figures will fall, and TV executives will fire anyone it takes to increase ratings.

• Not a government

Sports broadcasters are a private entity and the industry works internally, just the way it should. It would be bizarre for Americans to gain the right to vote these people out of the job for perceived slights or general distaste. Sports broadcasters are journalists who fought to get their jobs and were hired for their skills.

• Doesn't Make Sense

In this question I am curious to know what the American viewers are going to be eligible to vote for. It's not inherently clear because it sounds like Bob Costas and Cris Collinsworth's jobs may be on the line. Are we voting on that? I honestly don't believe those jobs should be voted on by the American public. I also think there's room for both of these people. I don't understand why the common public wants to make the hiring and firing decisions for companies and their employees.