• Our Families and our People respect the Military.

The citizen's of America have respect for the Military, American don't have respect for the Police, but the Military have a lot of respect. However, the US politicians do not have respect especially veterans. Just, look I don't see video of people complaining about the army, only the police. The Military is very respected and respectful to the people.

• In relation to how they used to be

People who think that the troops are treated poorly now should see how they were treated when they came back from Vietnam. Nowdays people are aware of all the dangerous psychological effects that can result from serving and feel sympathy for the troops when they used to feel hatred towards them.

• Yes, the military is still highly respected

It is my belief that most Americans continue to respect the military and the crucial role it serves. For example, many businesses and institutions offer discounts to members of the military. Many civilians demonstrate their respect with "Support Our Troops" bumper stickers. Public transportation in many cities is discounted for veterans.

• I think alot of normal Americans respect the military.

There are all kinds of charities that private organizations put on to help veterans it makes me think that a lot of people still respect the military. People who come from military families are especially shown respect because of what the military member has done for their country. Because they go to wars defending the country a lot of people want to see their veterans taken care of so they donate to the before mentioned charities.

• Why would I

I mean it's impressive they can go through the harsh training to become a soldier but there is nothing to respect, seriously what should I respect? That they invaded iraq for oil and killed civilians? There is absolutely no reason to respect terrorists and that's what the US is, oh you got Weapons of Mass Destruction? Well we don't like that so GIVE EM TO US OR WE INVADE YOU, nothing but bullies and terrorist and thus 0 respect.

• As sad as it is...

It breaks my heart to see America's new President-Elect, Donald J. Trump, has been badmouthing the military in his vicious campaign.

An infamous reference point would be where he publicly denounced election of 2004 Republican Candidate John McCain for being captured in the Vietnam War. He said that McCain was "not a war hero" for being captured by the Viet Cong.

While at public events, the national anthem is played to pay homeage to our brave men and women fighting overseas and paying respects to veterans of wars past and to thank the fallen, people decide to blatantly disrespect them by kneeling, sitting, talking, being boisterous, etc.

• No, they don't.

They do not respect the military anymore. The military have tried to maintain peace in the states but it has not been successful. This is because the protesters won't listen to them and what they have to say. They believe that they are right and should have the right to protest without interference from the military.

• No, they don't.

Americans have proved to disrespect the military. This is evidenced during the protest that is going on in America. Despite the Military's efforts to stop the protests, it was not successful. Therefore, we ought to respect the military since they are responsible for the restraining the law in our country.