• We do enough exercise

The average child spends about 120 minutes outside, but that is not even including before and after school. If a child goes out for a bike ride by them selves, they could get hurt while crossing the road or fall over and hit their head and get knocked. As a student i know i spend lots of time outdoors and sometimes just want relax but if parents are pushing their children to go outside they may be to tired to go outside and do this.

• You can never have "enough".

As an eighteen year old and a senior in high school, I strongly believe most people I know spend more time outdoors than indoors. Most people I know have jobs, are on intensive and exclusive sports teams, spend time with friends and family, and are in very social environments. Of the activities I listed, most people I know participate in those for at least twelve - sixteen hours daily.

• We are not getting enough outdoor time.

I'm a kid and I play an insane amount of games, I barely go outside. It's all because i'm hooked up into another world where going outside really doesn't matter. I bet many of the other kids in my school have the same problem as I do, you can't walk away from the screen.

• No American kids spend too much time inside

Childhood obesity is rising and kids are spending more and more time sitting in front of screens, phones and tablets. American children don't actively play outside very often. There are too many indoor distractions. Kids need more active time, and even in schools they don't get much. Recess is short and in the winter months, often indoors. Kids need more playground time and less screen time.

• No, kids are not getting enough outdoor time.

It used to be that in down time kids had no excuse but to read a book or to color or to play outside with friends. Now there is so much simulation of outside games and activities that no one thinks to send the kids out into the real world. The children, like the adults, are busy staring at screens and considering friends online to be their actual friends.