• Animals are sentient, too

Animals have rights in the areas where they are denied. This includes experimentation and captivity. I oppose animal experimentation because I do not think it is morally right to use animals in medical experiments that could potentially harm them. Animal experimentation is also tantamount to performing non-consensual experiments on humans.

• Yes they do

Yes, I think that some of the basic rights that we have need to go to some animals that we keep as pets to, such as they can not get assaulted, and that some of them can not get killed or abused. I think that dogs for sure need this.

• Animals have lives to

Fl;wk' jlke;wj few;' j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jjj j j j j j j j j jj j j jj j j j j jj j j jj j j j jj j j j j j j j j jj j

• Animals already have some rights

There are already multiple laws preventing humans from hunting animals. Like the dolphins of India for example. A lot of other animals are only allowed to be killed in certain time periods like hunting season. There are also hefty penalties for people who break these laws. In China, if you kill a panda bear, you face a death penalty. I would call those rights. If a human kills a fellow human, then that human would also face a death penalty

• What is an animal?

An animal is something that is a living creature like us right. But then again we never had a problem of enslaving ourselves so you should already see why we enslave animals. To say that an animal is not sentient is to say we are not sentient because technically we are animals. In fact that's like saying that we are not living beings, just pieces of flesh walking around! Animals are alive there for they are sentient.

• What is an animal?

• Animals don't have rights

Animals have the right to be in my stomach and on my plate.
    Why do experiment a new drug on a human when you don't even now the effects of the drug when you can use some dumb animal to test it on.
    There for animals also cant think or build items that would help them survive un like us.

• Human rights have certain features guaranteeing rights

There are several reasons humans deserve rights. Because humans can only reciprocate agreements with other humans, it is impossible to guarantee or consult animals over these rights. Further, their inability to organize or protect themselves using language and other unique human features prove that they are here to serve us or act as something for humans to use.

• Animals Have Rights

I personally think that if a large dog attacks a kitten, a dog would not be sued like a human would be if the human did something harmful to another human. Animals are not considered to have the concept of deeper thinking that humans enjoy and do not have the same level of rights that humans enjoy. Cannibalism ( eating humans ) is a terrible crime, but eating meat from animals is how humans have survived forever.

• No, animals do not have human-like rights.

If animals had the same rights as humans, then the eating of all animal products would be forbidden. I do think that just because animals do not have the same rights as humans, it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be treated with respect and used for food in a non-human way.

• Animals are not sentient.

Animals cannot have the rights of human being because they don't even know what that means. You cannot enslave and/or torture an being that doesn't even realize it's happening or why. We anthropomorphize animals and believe them to be more than they are because the animals that most people are exposed to are pets, and pets have been bred over the millennia to exhibit those characteristics.

Animals work on instinct alone, there is no reasoning or thought involved. Yes, some can mimic behavior and even exhibit some small amount of tool usage, however, that is no evidence of conscience thought.