Do athletes get too much media attention and money?

• Sports are not all that grade

I think athletes get way more attention than what is needed. When you look at drama or art they don't get as much attention as sports. I was walking by the trophy display and I saw these huge trophies for the sports and then for drama there was this pathetic trophy made out of clay. I found that absolutely ridiculous because people who are involved in drama and art work just as hard as athletics.

• Sports are overrated

One of my major pet peeves is sports. Sports get priority on TV(many an episode of Scorpion were postponed) and all the NORMAL guys at my school do nothing but talk about them. They're just people with more muscle than brain complexity! Much more. Pretty soon people will be building places of worship for sports.

• I mean, really?

Nobody needs or deserves 100 million dollars in a year. I mean, what are you DOING with all that money? At its core, athletics is playing games. Although athletes do need to train hard, EVERYONE needs to train hard. Doctors spend many years in medical school. Any form of scientist needs lots of training. Athletes aren't even helping people. It also creates an unhealthy atmosphere. Many, many, people want to become athletes. However, very, very, few people can actually become pro athletes. This wastes people's time. Yes, you can think of their disadvantaged past, but how many disadvantaged people forgo other opportunities to make pro sports and then don't make it?

• Too much $ but enough attention.

Athletes are meant to entertain, and be watched, but why all the $? If they get paid that much to kick a ball, we should all just drop the important things in life and go do that. Now they shouldn't show off so much. I am not saying all of them do, but some.

• Athletes get too much media attention and money

Athletes do get too much media attention and money. This is because of the fact that athletes get paid way, way more than their services are worth. Athletes could easily be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars less per year, and still be considered upper class based on their income.

• Yes too much money

Athletes are paid way too much. They don't get too much media attention as it is the media's job to cover entertainment. However to pay a single player hundreds of millions of dollars just for being able to hit the ball is insane. There are too many people struggling for this to be considered okay.

• Yes, sports are given too much media attention.

Sports are fun and athletics teaches us to do our best and to use our bodies well. However, the media gives big sports too much attention at the expense of other important things happening in the world. A game is still, after all, a game, and we need to keep perspective.

• Absolutely, I believe they do

Athletes are talented in their area, that is why they are professional athletes, but the amount of attention they receive and their salaries are ridiculous. You don't see extremely talented teachers or advertisers being followed by paparazzi or making millions or even billions. Just because people, like Tiger Woods for example, are exceptional at golf or whatever sport a particular person may excel at, doesn't mean their personal business should be plastered everywhere anytime they so much as sneeze.

• One exceptional talent does not warrant excessive attention.

Athletes are talented in their area - that is why they are professional athletes, but the amount of attention they receive and their salaries are ridiculous. You don't see extremely talented teachers or advertisers being followed by paparazzi or making millions or even billions. Just because people, like Tiger Woods for example, are exceptional at golf or whatever sport a particular person may excel at, doesn't mean their personal business should be plastered everywhere anytime they so much as sneeze.

• NO... They Deserve More

Have you even thought of how hard these athletes work and the effort they give. All the haters should put themselves in an athletes shoes for one day you would see why they deserve more money. I think the main reason for this is because some people are jealous. Thank You For Letting Me State My Opinion!!!

• NO... They Deserve More

• Really. . .

Why are some people so ignorant these days. Do you not understand that maybe you shouldn't judge those athletes. I mean you are not a professional athlete and you are not in their shoes. I mean seriously. For all you know they were poor as a child and could not afford schooling. So instead of putting their heads down and becoming a bum on the street they trained. You do not need money for that. Maybe they were abused of some sort and the only way they could anything off their mind was that one sport or entertaining people. The only reason you people complain is because you get poor pay. But if you get a raise in your job you'll be great and happy. Then people will start talking about YOU in the job. Asking themselves, "How come i didn't get a promo? Guess what they will say, "Its the fault of that one guy with the raise!

I have much respect for all our doctors and military and i am not saying they are worthless because they are not. But you must admit they get some attention too. All some people say ,including me, is that you should not judge untill you have lived their life.

• They deserve the attention.

Before these athletes became famous, they had to train. The athletes spend more than 12 hours a week training and before that they had the specific goal in mind to achieve. Some athletes even go on diets so they get fitter for their sport. As kids they would have always dreamt of getting that good at the sport and they would spend as much of their free time practicing and training, so don't deserve all the attention and money they get if they put that much effort into getting as good as they are?

• No, they are entertainers.

No, athletes do not get too much media attention and money, because they are entertainers. Athletes provide a great deal of entertainment, including live entertainment and on television. Just like royalty, people like to follow the personal lives of the athletes that they watch on television. There is nothing inappropriate about it.

• Athletes Don't Receive Too Much Attention or Money

To be honest, athletes don't receive too much media attention or money. The success of a given sport dictates how much athletes are paid. Salaries have increased because team owners now have far more money to spend on these players. With that in mind, some athletes receive too much attention for their negative actions.

• Athletes get too much media attention and money.

Athletes get more attention and money than they deserve. Although they are popular, athletes do not contribute anything constructive to society. Other professions should get a lot more money. For example, people like fire fighters, teachers, and police officers should get more money because their services are necessary for society.

• We build them up.

They are getting exactly what we ask for from them. We treat them like gods and demand for more all the time. Their number one job is to show boat and feed our need for heroes, even though they are not true heroes. The real people who should be getting this attention though is our troops.

• Athletes don't get too much media attention and money.

No, I don't think that athletes get too much media attention and money. I think that if people really like them and want to watch them, then that shouldn't be held against them. As far as money, the sports industry makes a lot of money and I think that athletes deserve a considerable cut of that money.