Do bad video games have an effect on kids today?

Asked by: Mherzer
  • I think the video games today do.

Well today a lot of video games have blood and killing in them. When playing these games the player is focused on one goal. Killing who he needs to in the game. Games like these for example are call of duty, or grand theft auto have these goals. What do you as the world think?

• Yes it does!!!

A lot of video games has violence in them, and some people are way too young to be playing them. It sets them a very bad example for later in life. In fact, this kind of thing leads to bad events, like the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. It is bad for people to play them in general, but extremely bad for children to play them.

• Everything the child see affects him.

This includes video games whether good or bad. Playing bad video games, in this sense, has a negative effect on the behavior of the child as his mindset will surely altered by it. The child is defenseless against these video games. They sometimes imitate the actions they see in a video game, many people for example were badly influenced by GTA games. Kids in some parts of the world imitated those kinds of video games and they turned our to be psychotic later in life.

• It has a negative effect on kids today

Kids learn a lot from video games. Violent video games can stimulate a child's brain to be more violent. In fighting games, for example, it will probably most likely require amateur players to mash buttons and make them frustrated. It will fill them with rage and energy from button mashing. Kids will often learn from video games and in fighting games, they will learn fighting.

• Bad video games do have an effect on kids today.

There is a reason there are age limitations on certain video and computer games. Unfortunatley, parents will buy them for their child who is much younger. Many video games over sexualize women by enlarging their breasts, giving them minimal clothing, or both. Also, players are allowed to chat while the game is going on so there is harsh language going on as well.

• I believe it is the mindset.

I myself play a variety of video games such as Battlefield, Left For Dead and other gun games. I have self control, I know I don't need to do these things in real life. I don't have any thoughts of shooting up a school, a park, or a mall! However some kids' brains do not function as good as others and are easily tempted to kill. No matter how much restrictions we put there will always be ways to get around game ratings. I mean, I agree that there a lot of effects if a child is introduced to violent video games that have ban language, they in turn may start using bad language. However sheltering isn't the best thing to do. I wouldn't ban violent video games, in fact the only logical thing to do is to educate kids on these games and their mental status and to show them that if they ever have these murder-like thoughts to discuss it with someone. So I agree they have a bad effect but it's only natural, just like someone who joins the military will have a bad effect from seeing their comrades murdered.

Posted by: Haa
  • Yes, bad video games have an effect on kids today.

I believe that bad video games have an effect on kids today. Just look at the increase in violence in society. People walk into schools, movie theaters, etc. and go on shooting rampages. How else would kids know about gunning people down if it weren't for the violent media and video games? Kids spend hours playing games and become so absorbed in them. That in itself is a bad effect.

• There is an effect

Anything and everything can have an effect on people, especially the young and impressionable. However, what kind of effect it does have is debatable. It is obvious just playing a bad game won't cause someone to be a mass murderer as we don't have millions of murders by children, and I'm doubtful that extensive play has no effect what so ever. Although since it specifies bad video games, I have to guess the most common effect will be a demand for their money back.

• Does a movie make you violent?

The answer no of course i mean honestly it effects them but most video games are just a simple ineractive movie not to mention the early development that people can get so to anyone that says they have a negative effect on children i challenge you to play a real game, a game that tells a story or where you can build citys buildings and towers and really make an effort.

• Does a movie make you violent?

• People saying yes are wrong

I play games, I know. I have no life because I play league as well but trust me, I know about this. I mean it gives you better reactions to events and makes people prepared for what might happen in the future. Fair is fair now let them play the damn games.

• Because I am a gamer

Nowadays kids are really now that good at separating things..But there are kids like me..Or we prefer to call ourselves teenagers. Parents should understand that violent games are just fiction and that people should just get that thing in their heads that video games are not bad. Actually they teach you things..Like Naruto taught me how to never give up. And so that is what I personally think of games.

• I think it is ok.

I think it is okay. As long as you explain to the kids why it is bad and don't let them play with blood and volume on they should be ok until they turn 12. By then they know all the dirty words and have seen a few PG13 movies with blood.

• It has nothing on me!

No it doesn't I have been playing them for ever. It may be because their behavior is bad because of them getting bullied or not respected as they should be. Some people who have brothers and sisters that make them in a bad mood because they aren't respected. That's a reason.

• Video game is good for sure

If video game was banned due to the effect of that . So what's their right ? All kids have a right to enjoy . It's depend on their self . Whether thay can filter it or not . To build character and prevent bad character is from religious .

• I believe it works quite the opposite

Video games have been proven by psychology to decrease stress, and I know from experience that it can cause me to sort of "fall out" of this world for a while and allow my mind to be integrated into the story. Video games may be misleading to an extent (i.E. Call of Duty glorifying the military and making it seem fun) but they do not have any bad effects in the means of causing violent behavior.

• Kids will learn.

The world isn't all fun and games, why shelter kids from the true ways of the world, as long as the child does not become obsessed on the game, all is well. In real life killing is often the only way to reach a greater goal. The world works in twisted ways. Don't hide it.