Do beauty pageants serve a purpose in today's society?

• They give many confidence.

When I first started doing pageants, I had little to no self esteem. I self harmed, was suicidal, and had eating disorder tendencies. I also had extremely bad anxiety and social anxiety. Pageants have given me not only more confidence, but a way to meet others who share the same interests. It is a way to get your platform out there and bring awareness to things that may be taboo or tend to be overshadowed, ie mental health awareness. While some parents go overboard in pageants, many children who do natural ones such as NAM or MAC are very thoughtful, well spoken young ladies. In these pageants and ones such as MAO or Miss USA, interview and talent play a humongous part in scoring; your answers must be thoughtful and show you personality while showing you have a true understanding of current events and situations in daily life.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with pageants. There are very few kids I have met through pageantry that do not enjoy them. Many even meet their best friends through it. If doing pageants gives people confidence and makes them happy with themselves, who are others to judge it?

• Beauty Pageants in Today's Society

I think that today, beauty pageants are looked at all over the world. As a little girl, I would look at the pageant girls and wish to be them. Now days, society holds girls' appearances to such a high standard. When girls look at these pageant queens who have the flawless bodies, they turn to extreme dieting and unhealthy diet pills that are terrible for your bodies. Society can no longer accept girls for what they look like. God made us all unique and the body shaming takes a toll on women in today's society.

• YES! Pageants are more than just physical appearance

If people would learn more than just what the see on TV they would know that pageants are more than just the persons appearance. The two heavily weighted categories of a pageants are talent and the private interview. The purpose of beauty pageants is to promote a charity that is close to the competitors heart not just how good their hair and make-up looks.

• Of Course They Serve a Purpose.

I love competing in pageants! When I started competing, my self-confidence was non-existent. Through the various pageants and systems I competed in, I learned to love myself and feel good about who I was. Through pageants I have also learned public speaking skills, leadership skills, and interview skills, just to name a few. I have learned how to answer impossible questions while under a lot of pressure, and believe me; this skill comes in handy a lot. I love volunteering and before I had my title, people would just push me aside when I wanted to help. When I was crowned, charities and non profits were blowing up my phone to have my help out at their event. I was ecstatic. I have made numerous friends from around the country and I would not trade any of my pageant days for anything.

• Confidence is the key

Beauty pageants are not all about the beauty. Nine times out of ten if a girl participating has all the confidence in the world yet may not be the "prettiest" goes out there and struts herself and shows that she is a beautiful confident girl she will crush her competition.

• Strengthen women in many ways

A lot of young girls enter pageants insecure and afraid to voice their opinion. Many leave pageants, win or lose. With many skills such as leadership skills and the ability to speak in public. Which are great skills to acquire in life. "the unrealistic bar" is to be live a healthy lifestyle ? Whats wrong with living a healthy lifestyle and feeling better about your self ?

• They are a purpose on today's society

Man would like to know who is the strongest on arm wrestling. Same thing with women they would like to know who looks the best. It a competition its like plays sports so i don't know what is the difference. That is my opinion there is a purpose in today's society.

• They are a purpose on today's society

• Yes they are a competition

Yes beauty pageants do have a purpose in today's world. They are a form of competition and can teach people a lot of good. The issue is that too many people get too caught up in them and turn them into something they aren't meant to be. When this happens beauty pageants are no longer good for society.

• Objectification of women is important for Capitalism

If we want stores like department stores to continue to thrive in the modern times, we need to encourage the objectification of women. There are many reasons for this, but the two big ones are that it is already in place in most Judeo-Christian societies. Secondly, it encourages a healthy economy.

• Wewew erfe er3

Erfgrwe wrw3r wer w4r ewrw wrwr w rqf wre t3 er w r twe r t er t wer rt e wt e wrt w t ewr te rw t we rt we r te wrt we tq f scg yh y yre er qa f q wr f w

• Wewew erfe er3

• They mislead young women to believe that beauty is all about appearance

The only people who get to enter the competition are tall skinny people. They call it beauty paegenst bc thats what their idea of beauty is. We should teach our children that inner beauty is the most essential thing to women. I would agree that beauty paegents serve a purpose in today's society if non skinny or disabled women get to participate. Smart does not measured by beauty and beauty does not measured by appearance.

• No purpose other than to promote/advertize women as objects of sex

Think about it this way: out of the percentage of the audience, how many do you think are actual there to support the people on stage? Then consider: how many people do you think are their to stare at women and "enjoy" the show? This may be just a public, open, legal strip club for about half the people who watch these "beauty pageants". How many of the participants of the pageant do you think have had a part in watching/participating in pornography or being a subject of profitable sex? How many of the beauty pageant participants do you think will turn to this after these "pageants"?

• Changes them in many ways

It changes the way we look at them they are too young to be dressing like they are older when they are not even in their teens yet. And they turn into disrespectful little kids. Sometimes they are disrespectful to their own parents. Then when they grow up they are rude and they may even be depressed And I just don't think that they need to be in something that changes them for good!

• This Is Striping Girls Confidant's Away!!!!!!

I am 11 years old and its clear to see that beauty pageants are horrible. They strip away girls self esteem, we need people to make us feel good about our self not to criticize us because of our size! We are all different and beautiful in our own way. They would only let you in based on how you look and your weight this is messed up and not important. Is this how we as a independent country base yourself. I am not Skinny in fact i am thick and a little heavy i am okay with that i took me since 6 grade to notice that . I had gotten bullied since kindergarten because i had always been a little chunky. It took me a lot of years to realize that i am perfect the way i am. I don't want another girl to go through what i did you should be happy with yourself not displeased. Always remember your are beautiful and if you are thick and someone makes fun of you don't listen to them they are probably jealous of you and your body, shape and curves that they don't have. Also if you are skinny and your not thick its okay because you are perfect the way you are feel good about yourself. I hope i have help anyone that feels this way just know you are perfect and unique!!!!

• It supports the whole "barbie" look

Even thought there may be more than physical appearance to it that's not what girls get the image of. When watching these pageants, girls self-esteem is impacted. These promote the typical skinny female stereotype that girls are supposed to be, theyre no different than the media having skinny females as models and only promoting only one body type.

• It doesn't matter

I myself have been called truly beautiful and pretty, but it doesn't matter to me. I was taught to care about books not looks. There really is no point people only care about what you look like and what you can do not who you really are. And I'm sorry if you don't agree it's just my belief.