• Technically They Do

Whether people follow that purpose is a different story. It also helps the city to not get sued when a bike rider gets hit by a car. If there were no bike lanes and someone were to get ran over, the person would most likely sue the city. They would have a case.

• BIKE LANES DO SERVE...

Yes. The Department of Health estimates that more than 500,000 adult New Yorkers use a bike at least once a month. According to the Department of Transportation's Commuter Cycling Indicator, there was a 13 percent increase in daily commuter bicycling between 2009 and 2010 alone. Our city has seen double-digit growth in bike rider ship for four straight years effectively doubling the number of regular cyclists on our streets, according to the Department of Transportation's annual counts.

• People need them

Yes, I do think that the bike lane in New York serves its purpose. A lot of people their use bikes instead of cars, because they do not have to travel that far, so it is really important to them. It keeps them safe from cars, and saves their time.

• Bike Lanes in New York

I personally think that bike lanes in New York serves their purpose because it allows bike riders to use the bike lanes. I personally think that bike lanes in New York serves their purpose because it allows the cars to be able to drive while bike riders feel more safe.

• Bike lanes do serve their purpose.

The bike lanes do serve their purpose in New York. As a New Yorker, I can tell you first hand that I see them used on a daily basis during the warmer seasons. There should be bike lanes through every city on the planet. It's a legit means of travel in a snarled city.

• Shea shea shea

K k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k