• Yes, I think so.

If the students were not so fragmented they might be helpful. If they could figure out how to cooperate across campuses I think that would make a large difference. But, as of right now they are not doing so and it's likely a detriment to the movement. In my opinion, at least.

• That's why it's called progressive

The whole point of the progressive movement is constantly moving forward, whether people agree with each other or not. Pointing to one group and saying they are fraying an entire movement defeats the purpose of the movement in the first place. The point is to illuminate and educate people on issues, that doesn't happen when we shut people up.

• Black student activists don't fray the progressive coalition.

No, they don't. Black student activists don't fray the progressive coalition. I don't understand why they would.
    It's an interesting debate - should figures from the past only be
    remembered for the positive things they did and the negative ones be
    forgotten? A similar debate is happening in the UK over Cecil Rhodes.

• No, they don't

Black student activists don't fray the progressive coalition. I don't understand why they would? Black student activists are trying to further the cause. Why is this a bad thing? Black student activists have a good platform to get their voices heard. I think they are helping the cause rather than fraying it.