• Hey there guys

Because they can get away with it. They are more important than non-celebrities. This means that celebrities should not get arrested as they're always busy. It should be illegal to arrest celebrities away. And there should be no laws too, the world would be a better place without any laws.

• Celebrities are considered better than the rest.

Look at Lindsay Lohan, she has gotten away with so many crimes. She stole a $2,500 necklace when she could have paid for it. Then after continuing to break probation, she was under house arrest for two weeks!!!!!! If any person who isn't famous committed the crimes she did, they would be jailed for sure! This is just one out of the many examples where the famous get special treatment. In order to stop these actions, people need to act. We want equality and fairness. We don't want to be treated like we are lower than everyone else.

• Oh God, Why

I'm a 16 year old kid who is sick and tired of how this world is spewing out crap for morals. I was at my local high school as a freshman, and I saw 7 kids sitting in the lot smoking weed. Its definitely not legal where I live, and their reason was "Lindsay Lohan did it, brah." Now I get my 10 year old little brother coming home crying about how kids are smoking on the playground, and I want to go up there and kick their faces inside-out. On top of it all, they have been legalizing this stuff in some states for "medical purposes." Medical purposes my ass; do you all know how easy it is to fool a doctor? My crack-addicted uncle does it all the time. Do you all know what they typically coat weed with? LSD. When these celebrities go around doing this, it makes it look cool and safe, when its probably the worst thing you can do to your bodies.

• Of course they do.

Celebrities don't get half of what a regular guy down the street would. Why? Because they are famous, and have a lot more money. Sadly that is what this world has come to. Justin Bieber DUI didn't get him enough of a punishment as it would have to me or you.

• Yes they do

Because they are rich and could buy there way just about everything. But they need to learn one way or the other that that's not the way it goes, they need to learn a lesson. Also the little kids are going to think that they could buy their way out but they cant because they are just to poor.(maybe)

• Celebrities do appear to get away with more crimes than the average person. Example: Lynsie Lohan and Robert Blake.

Many celebrities appear to get only a slap on the wrist where the average person may get years in prison for the same crime. Sometimes they only get a small fine and time served and no time was ever served because it was reduced to community service. If the average person committed the same crime, they most likely would get jail time and a hefty fine.

• DUI...I didn't know...

2 Pgh Steelers were arrested because of possession of weed. 1 was driving. A later conversation stated that the "super star" didn't know that it was a DUI if driving "high." I would hate to see what would happen to a low/middle class person raising a family and living pay check to pay check made the same decision...Life would be ruined forever. You have to take the law completely seriously and avoid the fact that it is grey...Not black and white.
    The other Steeler, not driving, still made his flight to Philadelphia and got to play in the game...Along with the driver suspected of a DUI.
    Money might not make a person happy...But it sure makes it easier. But, most will all cheer when a touchdown (using football as an example) will score and help win a game....Sad. Morals seem to be corrupt in society today.

• Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Kardashians

The names above will show that if someone commits the acts these idiots committed they would be in jail longer and there would be no such thing as "released due to overcrowding". I have seen non-celebrities go to jail for far less than what these fools have committed and did not go to jail.

Posted by: unx3
  • This is based on envy

People like to think celebrities always get away with crime because they envy them and want to think they are bad people.
    The idea the juries let celebrities off because they are celebrities is ridiculous.
    People just want to belive celebrities are better off than them to satisfy their hatred of them.

• Celebrities know how to move the government.

It is a saying that says something like "with money the dog starts dancing." I hope that somewhere in this country would be a honorable judge that will apply the law correctly and equally regardles if is a celebrity or not. I'm 92 years old and lately I have seen a lot of unfairness and corruption in the government that is completly embarrasing, dishonest, and grosed to the American people.

• Payed off

Celebrities do not get away with more things than regular people. They always pay their bail if they do need to go to jail. Or they pay people off to get them to vote innocent. Either way it's all because of the money they get. Charlie Sheen was caught so many times and got his license taken away. He was also put under house arrest.

• They don't get away with more crime.

They are watched more. Celebrities are watched more and don't get away with more crime. They may not have to pay as much or get punished but they don't get away with it, the press with always know.

• Court of Law vs. Court of society

While the court of law might have much more legal power there is an undefined incredible amount of power the court of society has. What everyone thinks of you can make or break your reputation. Celebrities deal with harsh judgements everyday when you dont know what positon they were in. Just because there in the public eye they are not people?

• This is based on envy

• Their lives are just different.

You would get jailed for punching a guy in the face but if said guy was getting in your face 24 hours a day a posting material of you online he would go to jail unless you were a celebrity. So what would you do if some guy had a job to anger you for photos? So if you throw a punch at him, it's not really justified but then again the whole case isn't reasonable at all. For an average citizen that would be harassment by the paparazzi.

But outside of those abnormal circumstances they get treated like everyone else if they get caught for drunken driving or shoplifting. If they beat their girlfriend then they still get tried like a normal citizen. However like normal citizens women often stay silent and they get away. For the most part the judges have to take into context extraordinary lifestyles.

• We all pay someday

Through all the factors such as technology, the paparazzi, and the advancement of the law enforcement, it is nearly impossible for anyone (even celebrities) to get away with anything nowadays. The other aspect you can look at is the religious view on it, we all pay someday, whether lawyers help lessen punishment here on earth, we are always being watched by our creator. ;)

Anonymous says2013-04-24T04:38:07.737
I have been reading this website for a school project and it has been very helpful :) thank-you.
P.S. Linsey Lohan suck (;
Anonymous says2013-04-29T15:38:59.400
It will be interesting to see what happens to Todd Harrell from 3 Doors Down and how the justice system will handle his case. The family of the victim should not feel intimidated for seeking compensation and justice just because he is famous.
Anonymous says2013-05-14T16:51:40.163
Thanks soooo much helped a lot with my Persuasive Writing essay :)