• Yes, to get smarter.

Kids need more homework because they will get smarter and with less homework kids won't understand how to do something the right way. Some teachers give kids more homework to see how much kids know about what they are teaching to the kids and to see if they need help.

• Absolutely students need more homework.

The youth of today definitely needs more homework. What good it will do, I have no idea. It doesn't seem to matter what you do with these kids today. They are just not capable of being as intelligent as the foreigners that are taken over this country. When was the last time you saw a doctor that was born in the U.S.? That's because our kids need more homework, so they can become doctors.

• Students need back breaking homework

Every child from 1st grade through 12th needs to get their butts in gear and study just like the kids in Japan. Instead, we have lazy kids that spend all their times playing Minecraft and talk on stupid smart phones. I also think think their school times should be extended to 9-12 hours a day with extra homework that will take them until 2AM every night. And for the "No" responses, every single one must of been written by some 8-year old brat whom complains about getting one page of homework every night. Suck it up and WORK!!!!

• Students need back breaking homework

• Students need more homework

Because kids always muck around after school and get way to addicted to the Internet sometimes they even distracts the parents by annoying them or end up watching to. They will learn much more and homework wont be that challenging because you've probably done it before overall you will get better grades and you got better chance to outsmart your teacher In conclusion teachers should giver homework

• Students need more homework

• Students need more homework

• Students need more homework

• Students need more homework

• Need more homework

Having homework benefits students, because it helps students to understand the topic better so that they are not confused when there is a test. Also, if there is no homework then kids will probably not pay attention in class, knowing that they will not have to do homework. When that happens they will probably go home to do things that distract them from their learning. Studies show that when you have homework, you are more likely to understand a concept of what you are learning better than having no homework. Also, Homework Assignments help facilitate a student’s knowledge in specific things.

• Heck, no!

Students definitely do not need more homework than we already get. In fact, it's homework that is the main cause for failing grades. Schools can really stress kids with homework. School already takes up enough time as it is, and by the time we get home, we only have like three hours to spend for our personal time before it's time for us to go to bed and start the ridiculous cycle again. Within those few hours we have, we barely even have time to relax! It's constantly this cycle: Do homework as fast as I can, take a break and scarf down supper, try to finish homework, stop and take a shower, go back and finish homework, and the rest depends on if the parents are okay with the child not getting the necessary 8 hours of sleep. My grade is terrible in math because the teacher assigns so much homework every night...AND WEEKEND. I never get a break, and I know my peers don't get much of a break, either. Homework is fairly useless and it takes up most, if not ALL, of our personal family time. Then, if you don't do your homework, the child is forced to a consequence (for me, it's calling your parents in front of the whole class to tell them that you didn't do your homework). Excuse me? IT WAS //MY// PERSONAL TIME. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SPEND //MY PERSONAL TIME// DOING SOMETHING THAT I COULD HAVE DONE IN WASTED SCHOOL HOURS, BECAUSE TEACHERS ARE ALSO GETTING PAID TO SHOW US MOVIES WHEN THERE IS NOTHING ELSE FOR THEM TO DO. Seriously? We're punished because we wanted to spend time with family? Or simply RELAX? Homework has NO positive effect on education whatsoever. What matters is the value of class time. WHAT WE DO IN CLASS, NOT AFTER CLASS. What DOES need to happen, is that the teachers need to use their hours wisely with students. If a student is disruptive, kick them out, then get right back to work. It's obvious that they don't care, anyway. I also think that teachers need to be more tolerant with children who do not understand and work with them. THATS the point when homework is needed. BUT, if it's a student that is doing fairly good, or okay, or perfect, why give it? And if they're going to assign homework, they shouldn't have to assign so much. At least assign one different subject a day, and let the weekend be our spare time. I think that would be a much easier homework system.

But MORE homework? NO. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN.

• Kids Do Not Need More Homework.

I do not think that kids need more homework. That is not going to improve grades in my opinion because what happens inside the classrooms matters more than the work assigned out of it. I also believe in quality over quantity. If the homework being assigned now is good, there is no need for more.

• No, they need less.

Frankly, children already have too much homework. What is needed is an overhaul of the entire educational system, so that teachers are able to use the time they have in school more wisely, and eliminate the need for homework. If less time was taken up with repeat discipline problems and administrative nonsense, teachers would have more time to actually teach!

• I support learning not homework

Homework is generally an absolute waste of time and hardly ever contributes to the learning process in my experience. It is often frivolous and detrimental. While I would not say that there should be absolutely no homework given, I do not believe that activities that do not necessarily benefit all students should be frequent and mandatory. It takes away from the time some students might otherwise spend on more productive activities.

• Of course not!

Children already spend enough time in school. The problem is not a lack of time. It's a lack of exposure to science and incompetence of teachers, to name a few flaws. Elementary and High School teachers should be as knowledgeable as professors and should be paid as such. Furthermore, exposure to real science, not faith based creationist garbage, would be a huge plus, as well as teaching computer programming and other relevant skills.

• No more homework

A lot of student are already stressed enough, teachers are always asking why we're not awake in class. Well maybe if we weren't given hours worth of homework plus time we want to spend to ourselves, we wouldn't be so f*cking tired!! I'm a Junior in high school and I usually get my homework done, but now that I think about it, I have learned nothing and it's just a waste of freakin time. Not to mention, teachers give us a deadline when to turn in homework and sometimes won't accept if it's late, but the the thing that pisses me off the most is that they don't even turn in that grade til like a week later. And for the people saying we need more homework like Japan, you know how high suicide rate is there in China or Japan because of HOMEWORK?! Some of us are so stressed, no wonder why some of us turn rebellious.

• Um, HECK NO!

Really? WHy would anyone say we students need more homework? We are stressed as it is from the amount we already get! And sometimes, teachers don't even check the homework or even say anything about you doing it so therefore, you wasted a whole bunch of time! So I say, No more!

• No more homework

Students definitely do not need more homework than we already get. In fact, it's homework that is the main cause for failing grades. Schools can really stress kids with homework. School already takes up enough time as it is, and by the time we get home, we only have like three hours to spend for our personal time before it's time for us to go to bed and start the ridiculous cycle again. Within those few hours we have, we barely even have time to relax! It's constantly this cycle: Do homework as fast as I can, take a break and scarf down supper, try to finish homework, stop and take a shower, go back and finish homework, and the rest depends on if the parents are okay with the child not getting the necessary 8 hours of sleep.
    I also think that teachers need to be more tolerant with children who do not understand and work with them. THATS the point when homework is needed. BUT, if it's a student that is doing fairly good, or okay, or perfect, why give it? And if they're going to assign homework, they shouldn't have to assign so much. At least assign one different subject a day, and let the weekend be our spare time. I think that would be a much easier homework system. If less time was taken up with repeat discipline problems and administrative nonsense, teachers would have more time to actually teach!

• What are those!

Hell no more homework WHAT ARE THOSE BOY because if there is more home work i will go to your house and say to you WHAT ARE THOSE AND I will yell AT YOU WHAT ARE THOSE WHAT ARE THOSE WHAT ARE THOSE SO IF THERE IS MORE HOME WORK FOR KIDS I WILL FIND YOU AND SAY TO YOU WHAT ARE THOSE

• No more homework

Kids can get really stress out because they might have to do homework on a busy day. I f they have homework on a busy day they could probably not be able to finish it so they will have a missing homework or a late homework. Some teachers just throw the late ones away ad it will be missing and then that will be what your parents will here on conferences. HOMWORK CAN HURT YOUR GRADE A LITTLE.