• Yes, children need tests

Thought his question is not specific enough, children do need tests of all sorts. Scholastic tests, medical tests, and psychological tests. I think without tests especially for kids it can be difficult to track the developement and progress of their education and how they are doing in regards to their health.

• There must be a way to check on learning.

Yes, children should be tested. Tests are a way to gauge where a child is in the learning process. You can't know what a child needs improvement on or is accelerating in if there is no way to measure the knowledge they have obtained. Granted, some people or not good test takers, but test do not have to a formal pen and paper; it could be a skills test.

• Tests and results aren't everything

No because I believe that a single sheet of paper should not get the right of deciding my future. There are way too many faults in this system. Like what if I became sick on the day of the test and spoil my results while I'm an excellent student? We must be evaluated for the whole year and not just based on some stupid test. In my opinion, we must enjoy studying and the environment must be made so that no one, absolutely no one should be able to think of it as a burden. Every person has their own way and thus should not be pushed into whatever others are doing.
    Besides, the term test is enough to make me hysterical and the results are even worse...
    Furthermore, the parents should not criticize or compare their children as they feel worthless or are discouraged.
    I'm not some expert but I do believe that I have the right to express my views and opinions.

• Tests and results aren't everything

• These can wear on a child!

The word "test" can frighten a child. So can "assessment". Instead of calling it a test, make a way of gauging their ability in an innovative way. Why not blend the student's passion with the subject that's being "tested", like a video game about presidential elections? We need less "tests"!

• Theres other ways!!

Theres other ways to show the teacher how to show what they have learned other than just tests. I have 4 classes a day and sometimes out of the 4 i half 3 tests/exam. We can show what we learned by doing presentations, making projects, make a game of what we learned there are tons of ways!!!