Do colleges today too narrowly define academic freedom?

• No, I think colleges define academic freedom quite well.

I do not believe that colleges today too narrowly define academic freedom. If anything, it's the opposite. Colleges these days like to preach an ideology that acadamic freedom varies in terms of beliefs and what people view in regards to the subject. I think colleges do a better job of this today than they did decades ago.

• Yes, they still are too narrow

They require so many fluff courses. I think the times have changed, the world has so much to offer, Its time that they stepped it up a notch and really looked at what they can offer. The days of old are far too narrow, widen the approach to fit the needs of the people. Its why most intellectuals drop out, they don't see a need to stay in school.

• They can say what they want.

No, colleges today do not too narrowly define academic freedom, because professors more or less have the license to say what they want to. Colleges give their professors free reign to say what they want. If they say something outside of public beliefs, sometimes they are subject to public scrutiny, which is fair.

• No colleges do not narrowly define academic freedom

In attempts to keep up with the changing culture of society, universities have done a good job in keeping up with how students and academics define academic freedom. Universities are offering unique classes in areas of philosophy, the arts, and history with a modern influences. Universities eagerly support students academic and social endeavors.

• No They Don't

I do not believe colleges today are defining academic freedom too narrowly. Personally I didn't experience any problems at all with this during my time in college between 2008 and 2012. I thought there was plenty of academic freedom, the only problems I ran into were administrative in nature, all the red tape.