Do comment sections of website require Moderation or Censorship?

Asked by: LogicalInjustice
  • Irrelevant statements and fads made to clickbait...

Take over it. It has become an expectation that every comment section is going to be so immature, so hateful/disruptive, or completely useless that most people skip over it or "feed the trolls" unintentionally or intentionally. I would prefer to have mature if not useful posts and restrict the rest to either forums, chat rooms, or private messages. I don't care about varied view points or swearing, but the intent and point of those commenters. People will read the original source content/watch videos regardless, but this would enhance the experience for the masses instead of having to skip over something which could be more enriching or harassing the content creator.

• Fuck you now

Penis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penis penis penis penpenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penispenis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis is penis penis penis penis penis

• Pshhh, no way!

I don't think you understand how much fun I have reading peoples' stupid arguments- studying the human condition.
    It's also wonderful, like true (impulsive) community in practice.
    In comment sections, the punches we throw are intelligent comebacks.
    Sometimes people learn to fight back or how to be more intelligent in their methods of crushing someone's opinions and replacing them with an extreme existential crisis.

• Pshhh, no way!

• Develop and adopt decentralized services like bitcoin and the unix philosophy

No. One should not censor a person's contributed information. One should rather develop a computer program to filter information, give out the program to everybody, teach them how to use it. Then, each person, utilizing the program, he connects to the decentralized service, the service returns the requested portion of the comment section in form of regular text, then the person uses the program to filter the information, then he uses another program to view the information. Problem solved, making censorship optional (should anyone feel the need to censor what they're reading).

• Blocker for ad links only

We live in a free and open society. People are going to say things that you may not agree with. They may even troll or pick on you. Boo hoo. Should I kiss and make it better? While civility is much preferred, people can choose to read or ignore the comments of a person that they dislike. However, keyword search should be enabled for ad links such as "I MADE $253,662 IN ONE NIGHT. GO TO BLAHBLAH DOT COM. WHY AM I SHOUTING"