• It can

I have seen several situations, as have the whole TV-watching country, where a concealed weapon would have made a big difference, such as the shooting in Tucson, Arizona. If some bystander would have had a weapon they could have prevented some of the folks being shot by taking down the shooter. BUT you must have a level head when carrying a concealed weapon and know when to use it.

• It can and does

Its been seen time and time again and for you to say it does is ignoring facts. and Adiegirl this "What I see when people have concealed weapons is a bunch of vigilantes willing to pull a gun at the slightest provocation. " is an incorrect statement. If they are "concealing" the weapon you dont see them... I bet that it would shock you all of the people who carry possible people you know. you dont have to be a "vigilante" to want to protect yourself or your family. I carry every day and thank god that so far I have never had to use mine, but if someone were to pose a threat to myself or my family I certainly would.

• I'll just leave this here...

"Professors James D. Wright and Peter Rossi surveyed 2,000 felons incarcerated in state prisons across the United States. Wright and Rossi reported that 34% of the felons said they personally had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"; 69% said that they knew at least one other criminal who had also; 34% said that when thinking about committing a crime they either "often" or "regularly" worried that they "[m]ight get shot at by the victim"; and 57% agreed with the statement, "Most criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police." James D. Wright & Peter H. Rossi, Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms [1986]. See Guns and Public Health: Epidemic of Violence or Pandemic of Propaganda? By Don B. Kates, et. Al. Originally published as 61 Tenn. L. Rev. 513-596 [1994]."

For more information, read my debate entitled gun control (pro:WilliamsP, con: myself)

• No, in no way.

Since when would the concealing of weapons result in less crime? What I see when people have concealed weapons is a bunch of vigilantes willing to pull a gun at the slightest provocation. Has there every been a situation in which a concealed weapon has *stopped* a crime? Because I can think of a bunch of situations in which concealed weapons have resulted in crimes.

• Concealed weapons cause no change.

This is, at least, the current prevailing view among scholars. It may change with more study. However, verified research has found no decreases in crime that can be linked to concealed weapons, and has not found any significant increase in crime either. I imagine there are other drawbacks and positives to be debated, however.

• Not at all

Since when does adding more weapons cause less violence? Look around you murica, countries with strict gun control don't have the same mass shootings that america does.
    Also, while the pro-gun argument is usually that guns will stop crimes in progress, I'm pretty sure the odds of concealed weapons resulting in less crime to begin with is virtually zero.