• YES!!

I think felons should be able to vote. Unlike the previous posting, felons are still members of this country and society. Just because someone has made a mistake we are still human beings living in a country where we have no say so and one of which we have no option as to whether we stay or go. Why must the government tell us we cant vote but yet we have to live in this country from now on. Where is the justificaton in this?

• Let them vote.

Every human should have the right to vote, we are all good people that just make bad decisions. I think the they should regulate what they can vote on pertaining to what they are convicted of. But, nonetheless be able to take place in our countries nation wide vote. America'.

• Convicted Felons Should Have The Right To Vote, .

I think convicted felons should also have the right to vote because most convicted felons have been In trouble one time, for one little mistake and they are not able to vote. It is not fair to others taking away their right to vote is taking away their freedom of speech.

• I think convicted felons should have the right to vote

The reason I think they should vote, is because everybody has the right to vote no matter what the situation is. It's not like they are killing somebody just by voting. They are still apart of this country whether they are locked up or not. Taking away felons right to vote is like taking away their freedom of speech.

• Ex-felons and their rights

Once someone has served their time being in behind bars or on parole then that is it, they have served their time. To take away any of their rights you are continuing to punish them. Many people who want to live right can't because they are being kept down.

• Ex-felons and voting

Ex-felons should be allowed to vote. The common argument is that due to a crime you lose your rights. This is unlawful and illegal. I agree with the NAACP when they stated that if laws were not changed that they are going to file another lawsuit against the supreme court. My father was a felon who was incarcerated for a drug problem back when he was twenty-two. He hasn't been able to vote yet. He is now thirty-eight. My father is a wonderful loving man full of proper character that made a mistake as a child that will affect him for the rest of his life. The government is trying to pull and eye for an eye and that is not right.

• Re-enfranchising felons promotes rehabilitation

A study done by the Florida parole commission shows that when felons have a full restoration of rights, including the right to vote, their chances of recidivism within three years changes from 1 in 3 felons to 1 in 10. Of those who re-offended, only half returned to prison, suggesting less serious crimes. Returning the vote to ex-felons promotes re-integration and gives them representation not only in presidential and state elections, but in the evolution of the laws governing the criminal justice system, which most of us can agree is imperfect. It provides ex-felons with one more common right with the rest of society, influencing them to reform their behaviors. Disenfranchisement only creates unneeded feelings of governmental control and isolation towards those who have paid their debt to society.

• My Parents Are Both Convicted Felons

My parents are both convicted felons. My mother is a convicted felon for theft , and my father is a convicted felon for involuntary manslaughter. Both of my parents are good people who made mistakes, and I don't think that they should be persecuted for the mistakes that they made in their past.

• Convicted felons Should Have the right to vote!

Convicted felons should have the right to vote. They are still people. EVERYONE makes mistakes. Some are worse than others, but you deserve a second chance. At a young age I was molested but I thought that he deserved a second chance. I mean you may think im stupid, but he did. Just because you are a convicted felon, that doesnt mean you are a "Bad" person. Like I said before we shouldn't be punished for screwing up.

• YES!!

• Felons don't deserve the right to vote

Felons have broken laws, some close to treason. Why do they get the right to vote when all they do is break the law? Felons, once released, do become part of society again, but they broke the law so they shouldn't get to vote for it. Just because they are part of society they still don't need to vote, sure they want their opinion to be heard but they gave up that right when they decided to break the law. They gave up being an American citizen when they broke the law.

• Criminal scum disregards the concepts of society.

Allowing them to then participate in shaping it is a disgrace. Pro-convict voting is yet another notion of the liberal lefts crusade to destroy morality. Rapists, murderers, child molestors, drug pushers, and thieves don't even deserve their
    lives let alone the right to change mine. Liberal thugs are just looking for another degenerate group of people to promise things to in exchange for votes no matter the consequences.

• No

A felon is any person who has committed a serious crime. Why would any person want a person who committed a serious crime vote for people’s rights and America’s future? If felons don’t respect the law felons don’t care who runs the government. Felons do not care about their society and country to break any of the laws. Also if felons lose their right to vote, then it would make more people commit fewer crimes. Almost every person wants a say to America why would any person want to lose the right by breaking any law?

• Convicted felons have committed acts that remove them from social norms, and should not be allowed to vote.

Individuals who commit criminal activities have already removed themselves from social behavior. As such, one of the consequences of committing criminal offenses should be a loss of the ability to participate in government. Though society should find a way to reward true rehabilitation, and provide a means of expungement after a time, convicted felons should not be allowed to participate in democracy.

Posted by: N3r0nKrooI
  • Convicted felons should lose their voting rights, because they are no longer a part of society, once they are convicted.

By breaking the law felons show disregard for the government and therefore forfeit their right to have a say in it I do not disagree with the fact that some people make mistakes, that people can be reformed, or that felons can become contributing members to society, but I cannot agree with giving them the right to affect the outcome of a government that they willfully ignored; I find it somewhat controversial that they would only take notice of laws when it suits their purpose.

• By breaking the law felons show disregard for the government and therefore forfeit their right to have a say in it

I do not disagree with the fact that some people make mistakes, that people can be reformed, or that felons can become contributing members to society, but I cannot agree with giving them the right to affect the outcome of a government that they willfully ignored; I find it somewhat controversial that they would only take notice of laws when it suits their purpose.

I believe that convicted felons should lose the right to vote because, once they are locked up, they are no longer contributing members of society. I would agree that they should be restored, once they are part of society again, like when they have a job, residence, and are out of jail for at least a year.

Posted by: HangingDorsey39
  • I do not believe that convicted felons have the right to vote, they lost that right when they committed the crime they did.

I used to be a police officer and let me tell you that convicted felons really to not deserve the right to vote any more. Why should they be given the same rights that all other law abiding citizens have when they clearly do not have the same morals that law abiding citizens do? So no, they should not be allowed to vote.

Posted by: 5h4rkEmar
  • Convicted felons do not deserve the right to vote, because they have not followed society's rules.

Voting is a privilege, as is having a drivers license. When people commit crimes, they lose this privilege, since they have demonstrated that they don't follow the rules of society.

Posted by: Ramon Griffith
  • You are no better than a felon

@B3rkIffy
    Your comment " It is unfair to allow a felons vote to count as much as any other upstanding citizen" is as ignorant as it gets. If you pay taxes you should have a say in who represents you, whether or not you are a convicted felon. And just because you are a felon doesn't mean you are not "an upstanding citizen". I know a good hard working man on a job site who had to urinate and there were not any porta potties on the site yet. He went behind the house being built to relieve himself. Next door there was a B-day party going on for a 5 year old. To make a long story short he was convicted of exposing himself to minors, a felony, instead of urinating in public, a misdermeanor. He can't own a firearm or vote, totally unfair you self righteous douche.

Anonymous says2013-06-26T16:56:31.437
Voting is not a privilege. It the very foundation on which this country was established.The definition of democracy is the human right to have a say in the prosess that allows others to rule the country where we live. A debt To deny a person that basic duty is a slap in the face of everyone who has ever fought and died for democracy any where,ever. A debt was paid. Paid in full. Punishment should end unless losing ones rights would end crime!And that doesn't seem to be working! The people who do vote haven't been able to elect much better than criminals anyway,,,what does that say about the way it is done?