• Debates helps your speaking skills

Improves self confidence: standing up in front of others and trying to persuade them takes a lot of confidence. You could be making a speech on a Thursday night, or it could be in a competitive debate against amazing people from across the country. Either way, you have to think quickly on your feet being aware of your style, content and where you’re going with the argument. It is a great feeling when you can stand up in front of loads of people, speaking about something for five or even seven minutes and it all goes well.

Helps essay writing skills: when trying to present an argument in a debate it is very similar to trying to present an argument in an essay. It makes you think which are the best angles with which to tackle a question, how to make each bit different and how to link one into the other to keep a flow. Regular practice improves you considerably.

Question your beliefs: by being made to argue a point of view you may not hold it makes you appreciate the many qualities each side of the argument has and maybe even appreciate something in a whole new way. For example, has integration of communities really worked?

Improves general knowledge: debates can be on a wide range of topics and by watching others speak about topics will give you insights into subjects you might otherwise not find out about. For example, do you know how the UN works, or the many things around the world it does?

Lawyers: practice makes perfect and when it comes to mooting then all the practice with public speaking will help. Debating will also give you a wider knowledge, focusing less on precise legal matters and helping develop a wider philosophical understanding of a more diverse range of matters. Alternatively, if you are not into mooting then debating is the great alternative where you can still develop the skills that employers are looking for.

• Yes, yes, yes

When you debate with other people, what you do is not only speaking but also listening. Even if you do not know how to participate in debates, you can learn it by paying attention how people demonstrate their thoughts and persuade each other. Also, as you always get a chance to actually speak out in front of people, you must improve! Like your essay gets better if you try writing several times.

• Yes debates do help your speaking skills.

I strongly believe that debating helps your speaking skills because you get to converse with others and see their point of view. Debating makes your brain think more in order to win the debate. During debating you might even change your mind about something you thought was completely accurate. I believe that debating does help your speaking skills

• Yes... Definitely does!

Not only does it help your speaking skills, but it helps you use your brain, and recall past events and experiences. It helps with your vocabulary, and you'll probably have fun doing it as well. Finally, debating helps you converse with others, and you'll be more confident in general. .

• Yes. Debate helps my speaking skills.

I believe that debate has/is helping me with my speaking skills. Why? Well, before I joined my high school debate club, i wasn't able to really speak out, or speak in front of a crowd none the less. Now, how ever, after joining a debate club, I am able to speak better and more fluently, along with being able to support my answers and back up my thinking.

• Of course yes!

Because when we began issuing the opinion, we feel confident with our ability, we will begin to think critically and make sense. We will learn a lot of new things, doing debate also gives us extensive knowledge, new knowledge and many more things that we can learn in debate. It is firmly agreed that debate can improve our speaking skills. It is recommended to every students to do more practices on how to speak confidently.

• Debate does not:

There are multiple types of communication and articulation is rarely aided through debate specifically because argumentation as a process usually takes place over the course of several days so instead of learning how to speak in an active environment you develop skills like critical thinking, research, and contextual fluidity. Debate is not good for learning how to talk to other people or how to speak more effectively.