Do Democrats have the right ideas about welfare reform?

• Yes, I think Democrats have the right ideas about welfare reform.

I think many liberal concepts on welfare reform are compassionate and are likely very needed in today's society but I think we have to be careful that we don't make the citizens too dependent on the Government for their well being, I think the Government should be a safety net but I don't believe the citizens should live off the Government, so I think the liberals have the right ideas but I think they need to be kept in check.

• Yes, they do.

The Democrats are primarily out to help feed and keep healthy as many people as possible. I believe that our country needs to give our poorest and most helpless assistance to maintain our view as a civilized and honorable country. We can't be one of the richest countries with one of the worst records towards how we treat our poor.

• Democrats are more open to welfare reform that does not punish the poor.

Democrats are more open to welfare reform that does not punish the poor than their conservative counterparts. If this type of mindset is what is considered right, then the generalization can be made. It is important to remember, however, that there isn't necessarily a right or wrong when it comes to welfare reform.

• Democrats have it wrong

Democrats do not have the right ideas about welfare reform. They just want to make it easier for people to receive federal assistance and this takes the incentive away from people to work. Many more people rely on food stamps and other things today then did even ten years ago and its getting worse.

• No They Don't

I personally don't think anyone in Congress has the right ideas about welfare reform. People in Congress are so far removed from the experience of those who have to use welfare that they couldn't possible understand what would be good and what would be bad. They cut the Food Stamp program back thinking the economy has recovered. It hasn't, there's still million of people stuck in low-wage jobs that simply can't escape.