Do Dr. Drew's 'Celebrity Rehab' shows actually help patients?

• Yes, it helps when people can share their feelings.

I believe it does help patients to do celebrity rehab shows because it helps them to share and express, in a safe environment, their feelings. Celebrities have a lot of demands placed on them, and being able to show a vulnerable side has got to be helpful to them. Also, because they're so used to being in the public eye, I think it's simply the way they function.

• Addicts Are Treated As Circus Animals

Shows like that tend to treat the subjects they record more as circus animals than actual people with real life problems. Sure, it's okay to laugh at some people on reality TV because they actually willingly put themselves into that position. Celebrity rehab is just making money off of desperate people who will degrade themselves to no end because of their need to be back on TV. They need real help.

Posted by: rpr
  • No. Drug addiction should be viewed as a disease and not touted around as an indication of immorality or weakness.

If Dr. Drew had any real concern for his patients, he would not publicize their darkest times. The issue manifests its self both physically and mentally, why would you subject the individual to constant filming and "pressure to perform"? Many of his patients seem to relapse regardless of their success on the show, so the results speak for themselves.

• No It Doesn't

Dr. Drew's show isn't actually helping anyone. All of those reality tv shows are fake and I seriously doubt if the people on his show needed help in the first place. I think Drew is a real doctor, but he isn't doing any real counseling or helping out anyone on that show.