• Election debates help me form opinions on each candidate

Debates prior to the major elections help me better understand each candidates position and show me how comfortable they are defending their position on various issues. Politics IS about your views but it is more about communication than anything else. I want to make sure the candidate for whom I vote can communicate his or her opinions with clarity.

• Primary debates vs general.

Primary debates give people who are interested in politics a chance to choose their guy. In the general, the base of the party will not be moved by general election debates. Those debates are for the evel-lower info voters who sit in the middle. - - - - - -

Posted by: TBR
  • Being right isn't enough

Debates tell you how a candidate is at speaking.
    Yes, you want good policies. But being right isn't enough.
    You need to know how to campaign, debate, and deal with criticism.
    In 2012, I liked Rick Perry, then he messed up in a debate.
    You can where candidate stand on issues.
    Yes, it does help you decide

• Yes they do

The debate process is one of the best ways to evaluate candidates, you get to see them side by side answering and responding to the important issues. Beyond that, you only see what they want you to see, and they only talk about what they want to talk about. At the debates, they don't control the agenda and subject matter. It's one of the few places where you get real substance from the candidates and can compare them side by side.

Plus I find it entertaining to watch Trump make a complete a$$ of himself.

• They always do.

As a Republican I can watch the debates and see who I want the party nominee to be. I imagine that this is the same way with Democrats. Debates are very important to engage about ideas, policies, and the pasts of many presidential candidates that want to lead our nation.

• Debates help me

It's is important for the U.S. to get a "taste" of what may be - but it's also important to see how people act under pressure and with criticism - two things that will not be unfamiliar as they take on the office. I think it's important for us to be provided this exposure to candidates to know their level of research and preparation. Even if they don't know all the answers, I expect them to try and become educated.

• Debates showcase a candidate's policy and integrity.

I watched Canada's Mac debates between our the leaders of our four main political parties. The candidates' responses to questions definitely helped me decide who I would want to vote for. Only one of the candidates answered the questions at face-value without fluffing their policies or careful tiptoeing around a real answer. I appreciate that type of honesty and foresight in a politician.

• Most definantly, yes.

Debates give people a chance to get to know what their candidate stands for. Whether it be abortion, welfare, torture, the death penalty, healthcare and contraceptive rights, adoption reform, taxation, and so on, debates can assist you in knowing who to vote for. One kitten, two kittens, three kittens, four, I love kittens.

• Debates are manipulations

Every time you see a debate it's manipulated by TV representer who is more likely supporting one side (and at best he is neutral). Many good candidates are not shown in TV stations, because in many cases it is all set up by gov. There is no truth in media

• No way, all the main debates are garbage.

Election today act and feel like other shows. A lot of the questions are per-fabricated and the contestants are known about them a head of time. The media never asks the really hard questions. They always take it easy on the people that seem to get pushed the most. Its as if the major new outlets holding the debate are there to cater to only a handful of candidates and none of the other guys. I remember when Ron Paul was absolutely being ignored during the CNN, FOX, MSNBC debates. Its was quite obvious what was going on. If people took it upon themselves to research candidates using google I think people would have much better understanding about a candidate than watching a Main-stream discovery though their shows. I'm appalled they are in control of the debates.

• They do not.

Firstly, the hosters ask unnecessary questions like "XY said ... About YY. What do you think". The questions don't refer to their programmes.

Secondly, the candidates show of their achievements in the past, which is absolutely reasonable. However, the achievements are no guarantee for their success as a president. They barely illustrate their programmes or ideas. It's more about entertaining.

• Not so much.

I care about where they stand on important issues and their past. I don't really care how good they are on stage. They are leaders not performers. While having a good presence might be useful in this modern age filled with camera's I don't think it is the most important thing. The most important thing is their vision for the country and how they want to go about bring it to formation.

• I am for whatever this is.

Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons Reasons

• I am for whatever this is.

• I am for whatever this is.

• It is just bickering

The debates are just multiple Canidites bickering at one another. "Il lower taxes by 20%. Il lower it by 30%!" See what I mean by this? And most importantly of the candidates don't even go through with their promises, take Obama for example, he was supposed to lower takes, prices, and up wages, but he didn't!

Unitomic says2015-09-21T19:23:45.880
Most people have their minds made up before the debate.
harrytruman says2015-09-26T06:26:04.247
Can someone accept my debate challenge:
http://www.Debate.Org/debates/We-should-return-to-the-gold-standard/1/