• It just makes economic sense!

Fast food companies keep employees at poverty-level wages while making billions of dollars in profits every year. This drives increasing inequality, slow growth, and declining living standards. It is holding back our economic recovery and contributing to high poverty rates and rates of working poor. With annual profits in the billions, many of these companies could raise wages for their ENTIRE workforce and shareholders would still see a return. Pus when employers pay poverty-level wages they shift the cost of maintaining a labor force onto society. If fast food workers earned a decent living wage, they would not have to rely on food stamps, Medicaid, or other government programs when paychecks don’t provide the means to make ends meet.

• Yes, they do.

Fast food workers may be unskilled, but they still deserve the right to have a livable wage. Many are working these jobs while in school--can you support yourself and pay for school at the same time with minimum wage? No. Fast food is also very fast paced, and not everyone is cut out for it. They deserve more respect.

• Yes, they do.

Fast food worker's jobs are much harder than people may believe. Not everyone can work in such a fast paced and stressful environment. Not to mention, fast food workers get little benefits (depending on the fast food restaurant they work for) and work long hours to barely make as much to those people who are paid more for less work.

• A hundred times yes!

Fast food workers definitely deserve higher pay, because of moral reasons, but also because the heads of these fast food places are making tons of money and can easily afford to pay their workers a higher pay. Fast food workers should be receiving a living wage of at least $11 per hour.

• Yes, they do.

Yes, I think that fast food workers deserve higher pay. Maybe it shouldn't be all that much higher, but I do think that it should increase at least a bit. Minimum wage is just so low and I feel like these workers deserve more, because I do think they work hard.

• Fast food is more demanding than most jobs out there.

I've worked in manufacturing, warehouses, laboratories, etc, and I've also worked fast food. Fast food is by far the hardest job I've ever had. Go into a McDonalds on a busy day and pay attention to the people behind the counter. Look how much stress they're under. That's for hours. I've always found it ridiculous how they're paid so little since the job is so demanding.

• Depends on the shift.

If you're a morning shift or even an afternoon shift worker, then I'm going to say no, minimum wage is fine. However, Grave shift workers definitely deserve higher wages. People don't seem to realize what it is we have to go through. We have to deal with drunks, transients, and just downright rude people most of the time. And heaven forbid if their food takes any longer than a minute and a half for their 40 dollar order. We have things thrown at us, people cuss at us, try and steal soda or food they didn't order, and as of late (college has started) we have had people come in with beer and cigarrettes and start fights in my lobby. All we can do is call security and hope they get to our restaurant in time. Working fast food grave is completely stressful, you get crap hours and crappier customers.

• Stop the hunger decision

I believe that the workers at fast food restaurants deserve a higher income because It is not fair for them to have to decide between a bill and food in the house. People that work at these places are struggling to make ends meet. I know from pass experience that after taxes you have nothing left. Trying to make it from month to month you are robbing Paul to pay Peter, dealing with nasty attitudes, and watching the rich complain about a blue collar worker getting a raise!!! White collar workers get theirs everyday!!! Give them what they need.

• It just makes sense to.

Juggling 10 things at once, on your feet constantly, running, cooking, getting burned often, and dealing with the public. I'm not saying to raise their wages high, just, not minimum. It's a tough job, compared to a lot of other ones you can get without college. I have never worked in fast food, but I have seen what it's like. I'm a hygienist, so I've been to college. But I guarantee you that a good deal of college graduates wouldn't be able to muster the fortitude to work in a fast food kitchen themselves.

• Fast food workers need higher pay!

Fast food workers have families, and they also experience wage theft! 90% of the workers have experienced a form of wage theft, which is when an employer alters time records to reduce paid work, charging the workers for uniforms or other costs, incorrectly listing workers as not being allowed to work overtime and get pay, and demands that the worker works more than they need to without pay. Fast food workers only get an average of 10127 dollars a YEAR! That is not enough!

• I went to college. Why should fast food workers get more money?

I went to college. Why should fast food workers get more money?
    I worked in fast food while i went to school. When i finished i applied
    to office jobs and got hired. Those workers should do the same instead of getting pregnant
    and having 20 babies. I worked hard and still work hard to try and make it.

• I did my research from the 1950's up to today

The average factory worker in the 1950's make approx $5.25/day. Using the Bureau of Labor and Statistics Inflation Calculator (GOVERNMENT WEBSITE - sounds pretty unbiased if you ask me), that's equivalent to $6.30/hour in 2013 (even less than the minimum wage now).

Don't argue that minimum wage isn't in par with inflation. You're wrong. Do some research before shouting that McDonald's workers (who work less hard, in a safer environment, and less hours than a factory worker in the 1950's) deserve $15/hour.

• Poor life choices are not my problem.

Fast food is unskilled labor. If you have a degree and you're working fast food then it's by choice, because giving up and inaction are still choices. It's also not my problem that you're unable to pay your bills. I shouldn't have to pay more for a cheeseburger, because you're struggling due to either inaction, undereducation, or unwillingness to relocate, etc.

• They're not worth it

Absolutely not. They do minimal work and there's a lot of "fast paced" jobs. I really don't think THEY know what a real job is like. They have no responsibility really, many are dirty, sloppy, loud, unprofessional and down right rude. They did not pay for an education, they did not work for a better opportunity. We need to stop handing things to these people that everyone else has to work for. Mcdonalds is not meant to be a career unless you're managing a franchise or upper level management. Flipping and frying pink slime while scratching your ass is not even worth the minimum wage they are handed now.

• Increase their pay, but I don't get the same increase percentage.

Current minimum wage workers have those wages because they are generally entry level, no skill workers. If we increase their wages to 10.10 an hour that's roughly a 2.50 raise for them but I make 4.00 more than the proposed minimum wage increase now and it took me 5 years to get that. Am I going to get the 2.50 increase too? NO! Ridiculous. I worked hard and climbed the ladder to get where I am(without college), and for some unskilled, entry level employee to jump to 4.00 less than me in a day is ridiculous and unacceptable. I want the same increase they'd be getting. If you're raising burger flippers minimum wage give me the 2.50 increase too.

• Business not Charity.

Take emotions out of this debate. Businesses aren't paying people for what they're worth as beings, no, businesses are paying people for the work they provide. It's not the company's fault if a worker is shacked up with college loans and children, so why should the company pay? The entire "not enough for a family to live on" argument falls apart. The family isn't providing labour, the worker is. This is business, not charity.

• Don't need education

Employees who work there don't need an education to work there. It wouldn't be fare for the the other who went to college to have the same pay as someone who didn't. Also its not a difficult job to maintain. If you increased employees wage you would lose profit because you would rise price and people would not buy

• We shouldnt have them have a higher raise

Ridiculous pay for unskilled, uneducated people

Fast food jobs require no skills and no formal education. Pay should be based on what a person brings to the table. Why should a fast food worker with no skill or education make a living wage for doing a job that anyone with half a brain could do? If you want to earn $15 per hour, then earn it. Go to school, climb the ladder, work hard... Set your sights higher than flipping burgers. Do your entry level job very well, and possibly promote to management if you want to stay in fast food. It is disgusting that these workers feel that they are ENTITLED to a higher wage... Why? What do they bring to the table? That sense of entitlement plagues this country today. Everyone wants something for nothing.

• Ridiculous pay for unskilled, uneducated people

• Flipping Burgers is not skilled labor and pay should reflect that

The Federal minimum wage is not going to be raised much higher than it is now, it just won't happen. Any raises may come through states or cities and in those cases, the workers are the ones who will be hurt. McDonald's and other fast food companies are not going to pay you $15.00 a hour to flip burgers, if you want $15.00 an hour, you need a HS diploma and at least 2 years of college, be fluent in English and not be covered in tats and piercings. No Major company is going to hire you unless you fit the mold I just spelled out. If companies are forced to pay a higher minimum they will fire all the workers they can and run bare bones. Anyone they keep may make 10 or 15 an hour but their hours will be cut so they aren't really bringing home more money, plus they will pay out more in federal, state and local taxes, so they will be earning less. These people have no clue about economics or how business works.