Do girls have a more difficult time growing up than boys?

• Girls have harder lives in every way possible

We must have flat stomachs, perfect breasts, curves, beautiful hair and faces, sex appeal, a nice smell, smooth legs and armpits, wear makeup and countless other things. Society makes us believe that we, as girls, must look and act like supermodels, and any other body type is ugly, unacceptable, and basically a reject. We are expected to be weak, and let our boyfriend/husband rule our life while we work around the house all day.
    Later in all girls' childhoods, they get their period. This was the most painful thing I had experienced when I first got my period. You get sharp shooting pains and the achy feeling that your insides are being twisted and ripped. These feelings can last for hours on end. We only get a 3-week break every month before the excruciating pain, the overwhelming amount of blood, and extreme mood swings that we can't control come back again. Boys taunt us for complaining about the pain that we're in during our periods, but the truth is, if any boy felt that amount of pain for such long intervals of time, he would curl up in a ball and start crying until his parents took him to the hospital. We go through constant pain without recognition.
    Girls are in constant danger, and are twice as protected than boys. Parents feel the need to be more protective over their daughter(s) because of possible rape or abuse. If a girl has sex young, even through rape, she is called and thought of as a "slut" or a "whore". However, if a guy has sex young he just gets a high-five from his friends, and is thought of as "cool" because he could manage to "bang a chick". Also, if that girl becomes pregnant, she is blamed, when it is more than 50% the boy's fault. The boy who made her pregnant can run away and start a new life, while the girl is stuck with a ruined body and reputation, and she must endure the most excruciating pain that she wasn't supposed to feel until she was prepared: childbirth.

• Yes, Girls have a more Difficult Time Growing up than do Boys.

Girls have a very tough time growing up. They have problems being popular at school and may find it difficult to make friends easily. They also have to deal with serious changes when going through the stages of puberty. By comparison, boys have it relatively easy when measuring against the girls.

• Yes, in general they do.

Not in all cases, but many of them are harder on the girl. Young girls seem to be held to a higher expectation than young boys are, and that does not seem right. However, there are some cases where it is opposite. It really depends on living placements and the type of family.

• Yes, in many ways, they do.

Girls have to go through period cramps, and having to change pads all the time for one week every month. They also are more suceptible to peer pressure and in some cases suicide. Girls are also held at higher standards/expectations than boys. Boys will also, if they get a girl pregnant in their teenage years, to leave them to care for the baby by themselves. They have a hard time fitting in, and kid of feel the need to be 'popular'. Because if they don't do that, they might get bullied.

• You have to give girls some credit.

Boys don't bleed, have boobs that hurt whenever you run, have to wear a bra, shave their legs, armpits, and other places, worry about how they look, wear makeup, get cramps every time we're on our period, scream at everyone who dares talk to you to go away, regardless of what they say, feel like they want to slap someone in the face with a shovel, etc.....
    I'm not a boy, so I don't know the awful things you go through in puberty, but they don't bleed for a week and feel like they want to dig a hole and hide away from society for the rest of eternity.

• Both genders have their problems. But honestly i do think girls have more.

I know boys and girls have their opinions about who has more problems than the other. But one thing i wish we could all focus on is how to fix those problems and make every one feel loved. Fighting over which sex has more issues than the other WILL NOT DO ANYTHING!! But one thing that will is if we all just have some compassion and understanding for each other girl or boy and vise versa. Each individual has their own struggles, their gender does not determine how many they have. Boys feel physical pain, and so do girls. Girls feel emotional pain and so do boys. My point is, have some compassion and show the world your gender does not define who you are. But if i'm being honest its kind of weird to see a 15 year old male in a yellow sundress and some heels. Its also very weird so see a girl in a tuxedo. No gender is qualified to be better than the other. NOW!! If you feel comfortable in your yellow sundresses and white stilettos, even though your a male, while i frankly think its a little strange, i most definitely am NOT in the position to judge your take on life and what it has to offer and nether is anyone else. The same thing goes for a girl. BUT I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT!! Do NOT and I mean DO NOT sag your jeans past your butt cheeks because your trying to act like a boy. Welp! I think I've made my point here.
    PS. Incase you didn't realize, this is a tween age girl typing this :)

• Boys Think They Have It Hard.

They wish they had the amount of mental strength women have. We go through massive amounts of pain every month till we get pregnant. And then we have to go through birth which is all of those nine month period cramps diluted into one huge massive cramp of pushing a child out of your tiny vagina. Shame me all you want but deep down you know I'm right because we wont back down.

• It's not equal

I think girls do have it harder then guys expesilly growing up we feel like we areally expected to look like people in magazines who are paid to loOK like that I think that it's not fair that girls have to be skinny and beautiful before they have even reached there teen years. Boys are still messing around and being I mature by the time they are 16 an girls feel like they have to be perfect and responsible before the age of 11 lots of girls are teased about being to fat and end up starving themselves or even killing themselves. I know how it'd like that and specifically remember how it is for me because I am 13 and I feel how this hurts I actually work out 4 times a day because I want to be skinny. I know it's bad expessaily for my age but I attempted suite once but my brother cough me before I slit my throat I tried to kill myself because when I started to work out I was retaining water and that meant I was getting fatter so I thought that there was nothing I could do to get skinny. Now onto the subgect of periods why ďo girls have to have them but not guys I know it's like to have one but it would be even worse if you didn't have a mother to help you through it imagine having to tell your father or grandma or uncle ect. That they had to teach you how to put in a tampon. How about the cramps sometimes they get so bad that all you do is lay on the floor and cry for hours.
    How about the subjecr of child birth. Why is everyone expect woman to want to have kids a pain that rips through your area and changes your life together. And soany woman have to do it with out the father because they are in it for the fun part not the hard part that i's all that I can type for know wit out getting so mad how men get to have it easier

• Girls have a more difficult time growing up

Girls that have the idea of perfection in their head will do anything to feel perfect. Such as starve them selves or apply what looks like pounds of makeup. Girls also get plastic surgery on their boobs or buttocks so they can have the right size boobs or bottocks. Also girls have to go through a lot of pain from their period when they have cramps which let me tell you are not fun I get severe back aches to where I can barely walk. Girls depression rates are way higher than boys too. Depression is not something you want to go through. Take it from someone who has depression. I barely have motivation to get out of bed every morning. Let alone focus in school.

• So wrong, we have a lot more

Us girls have to go threw pain in periods and you feel like curling up in a ball and cry. We have PMS and we go through getting breast and even though a man gets made fun of, you can just ignore them. We feel like kicking someone when they get on your nerves and we have to deal with heavy periods. You have to worry for when your period goes threw your pants at school and if that happens then you have to go to the office and ask for another pair of pants. And sometimes boys do make fun of girls because they had their period go through their pants. It's not funny, we deal with giving birth, and you should never make fun of a girl for her period. Us girls have it harder we feel mental pain, and men just feel pain in their hearts. Please never make fun of us girls, and we always try our best, no matter what ^-^

• The balance is equal.

There are some things men (thankfully) never have to deal with. Pregnancy,periods and constant expectations of how to appear to be "Attractive." but Men have to deal with as much emotional stress as that of their female counterparts. For example, men must remain strong even in the face of sorrow and contempt. If not seen as strong or physically able growing up then the boy will be bullied and called gay. Both males and females have to be popular in school in order to maintain a social status and not be bullied.

• The answer is no.

Girls are more willing to pay attention. Boys think that it is OK to goof off all day every day while in school. While girls get good grades and pay attention in class. Boy just play around all 7 hours of the day because they think that they can just play around and it be OK and they still pass.That is where they are wrong .This is why the girls are showing the boys up at academics.

• Girls are more mature than boys.

Girls are more focused on their education and how they are doing in school. Boys, on the other hand, seem to like to goof off and have fun the whole seven hours that they are in school. This is why girls' grades are higher than boys'. This also includes the big test at the end of the year.

• Girls don't understand!

Most girls will flat out say that they have it harder without even knowing what it's like for boys.

Boys can't express there feelings without being called gay, and in that way it's used as an insult which it's not.

Boys are supposed to be athletic, if they are not into sports or don't like that think then they are put in a certain group that dosnt even define them.

A girl can go to school wearing basically whatever they want, they can even wear boys clothing. But if a boy went to school wearing something like girl clothing they will get cast off as gay and weird! These things just define what we want to do. Not who we like and or what are personality is.

Most girls get to speak up about there pressure but if a boy does a lot of people would yell at him and get angry at him for expressing his feelings which is not ok. Most girls out there just don't understand so you really need to stop saying that being a girl is so hard.

Most of the time people do something about the pressure on girls. But do they do anything about boy pressure? No! This society has turned into people saying that just because they are a girl, and or type of race it's hard for them in life. But they have gone too far with it and taken that for advantage. Yes along time ago it was like that but the world has changed and now you need to stop and think about us too. This is such and unfair society!

• Girls don't understand!

• High Hugh Hugh

Hhuhuhunin. High jijij inning d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d. D d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d did d d d d

• Yes of course they do.

I am a boy myself and I still agree that girls have it harder. Society put so much pressure on them to be pretty. Guys sometimes make fun of guys being ugly but very rarely. However guys and other girls make fun of girls all the time if they don't have good looks. Girls are a lot more commonly suicidal because of them feeling worthless because they might not be a Barbie doll. Yeah guys are supposed to be tough but you usually don't see nerdy weak guys getting picked on as much as you see normal girls being trashed on. Also girls can not fight back as well. By no means am I saying guys are superior but I am saying girls are more commonly known to be more pretty and less strong while guys are usually stronger. It is much harder for a girl to fight back when confronted by a guy where as most guys have no problem fighting a girl. Also guys get up and throw clothes on. Even if it's formal we put on pants, a belt, shoes, and a shirt and button the shirt up and we're ready. Girls have to take hours to carefully put on makeup and a pretty dress. AND YET MORE is they have to go through the incredible pain of childbirth and periods. I'm a guy so I don't know what it feels like but I don't think girls are wimps and I think that most guys would scream in pain over just a period and go into a coma if they had to go through child birth. Girls are strong people who are underestimated and people expect a bit too much.

• So please, don't be a knucklehead.

Earlier, I had a very long conversation about this topic with my sister and I came to a conclusion. It's you! If you have a bad time growing up, its not gender! It's just being who you are! Girls have to deal with plenty of bad stuff but so do guys, and most of the time girls just don't understand that.

Puberty is just as hard and awkward no matter the gender.
    So please, don't be a knucklehead.

• Girls definitely have no harder times than boys.

First of all, The wage gap is a total myth. The only reason they earn less is because they don't work as hard as men do

Men are judged at the exact same rate as women are. We don't have any makeup to cover up our opinions. Your scrotum starts to hurt and erections hurt as well and they are embarrassing.

Men are expected to be strong all the time in times of crisis. We are always expected to push on while the girls can get excuses.

Men cannot wear "girly" stuff and women can get an excuse without being called a cross dresser.

Always remember the things that men go through. Don't think that we don't suffer.

• Guys have it harder than girls

I believe that guys have a harder time than girls because the guys will be judged by their cover and be peer pressured unlike girls where they just get ignored or annoyed with each other. Some guys can be beat up by their friends for not doing that or being uncool. Even though girls have to go through periods and getting breasts and accumulating fat, i think that the guys have to show another fake side of themselves in order to be considered normal and cool. Also, guys have a harder time in controling their arousal unlike girls.

BrooklynHaze says2013-04-09T02:36:09.610
Would it not depend only on parents? Everything else is usually irrelevant when the parents are there for their kids. Girls are easier to educate, I don't see why it'd be harder for them unless they lacked a loving and wise mother in their life.