Do government programs that provide free or reduced-cost meals to elementary students appropriately serve these children?

• Government programs that provide free or reduced-cost meals to elementary students appropriately serve these children.

Government programs that provide free or reduced-cost meals to elementary students appropriately serve these children. Children cannot learn when they are overwhelmed with hunger. If they want a good chance in life, an education is important. Sometimes breakfast and lunch at school are the only meals they get all day. It's the least we can do for underprivileged children in our own country.

• Some need the programs

As someone who was on a reduced lunch serves as a child, programs that reduce the cost of food at schools is appropriate to serve children. They are much healthier than what my mother would have packed for me. Also, Some days i would not have been able to eat because my family had little to no food for me to take to lunch.

• Better than nothing.

Yes, government programs that provide free or reduced-cost meals to elementary school students appropriately serve these children, because they are able to receive a nutritious meal for lunch. Breakfast at home is not usually that complicated of a meal, and the students can rely on food stamps for a healthy dinner.

• Lots Of Junk

I do not believe government programs that provide free or reduced-cost meals to elementary schools serve the children appropriately. Many of these programs are profiting or they have been privatized. It's all about buying cheap and making as much money as possible. The meals lack nutrition and they lack good fresh food. They could be improved.