Do governments promote chaos and insurgency instead of peace and serenity by discrediting freedom fighters and, in doing so, dismissing them ubiquitously as terrorists?

• Governments do promote chaos and insurgecy

A lot of recent events have lead to a lot of conclusions that governments promote chaos an insurgency in other nations. One area we can look to recently is the Ukraine where around 5 days of rioting crippled the capitol of Kiev and other major Ukrainian cities. The U.S. instead of giving them money to help get rid of riots heavily encouraged the rioters.

• Governments provide a false sense of security.

I believe that governments do more to promote unrest and stifle human development than they help. People are generally nice to each other with or without a government telling them to be this way. Governments are the only entity that can massively takes rights away and encite negative emotions in people.

• A Full Question

Firstly, for the most part, I do not feel that governments promote chaos and insurgency instead of peace and serenity. I think that can be the case, as we see in Syria, but overall, it doesn't happen with regularity. However, I do feel we have freedom fighters that are clearly mislabeled under new guidelines governments have created in order to combat terrorists. In fact, we as a global nation have far over used the term terrorist for every unspeakable act since September 11th, 2001. Honestly, I feel we need to tighten the definition of terrorism or we risk having any violent act being considered terrorism in nature.

• Chaos equals cash

All governments,1st or 3rd world. Don't be blind to what is going on right now thru out the globe. Chaos takes the publics mind off all of the lies that gov. Officials made while tring to get into office. Promises they never intended on keeping. All of them. Does not matter what party.

• Most governments do not encourage chaos or terrorism

This is a tricky question because this really depends on the country. In most developed countries such as the USA, Europe, and most of Asia, governments do not promote lack of order and terrorist activity. The citizens are usually content in developed countries. They hold jobs, run businesses, and lead fruitful lives. They also actively participate in voting and are generally tolerate the way government runs things in their country. They have no reason to start an insurgency and disturb the peace. Now, in third world countries where people suffer, this is an entirely different story. However, in most developed countries, governments tend to promote stability and peace.

• Depends on the government

I would not say that the US government promotes chaos and insurgency. I think that do want things stable so that the economy will grow. However, that does not mean it's true for every government. I think that some governments only look out for themselves and try to bring about chaos.