• There is way to much homework.

If kids do sports then not a lot of them want to do homework after a long day at football or basketball or even baseball and they have so much that people fall asleep doing it then you get in trouble for not getting it turned this is why kids have to much homework

• No, Gradeschool Kids do not Have Too Much Homework.

No, Gradeschool Kids do not Have Too Much Homework. Most gradeschool kids only have about 10 to 15 minutes of homework a day and according to Harris Cooper, a homework expert and psychology professor at Duke University, that is the right amount of homework for kids in grade school before it becomes a detriment and not a benefit.

• Yes Way Too Much

I am shocked at the amount of homework I see sent home on a daily basis. I'm fine with a grade school child having maybe an hour a day as homework but any more than that is a bad idea. After a night of multiple hours of homework I see kids very discouraged about school and learning and, despite the extra work, no more proficient in the subject than they were after an hour of work.

• Way too much homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The school my daughter goes to. It says that grade 7 should have 1 hour of homework a night but she ends up with 2-3 hours a night ( at the least!) she is very sporty doing cross country running 4 times a week, netball 3 times a week and dancing 2 times a week in addition to all her homework!!!

• There is way to much homework.

• There is way to much homework.

• There is way to much homework.

• For my daughter there is way too much.

My daughter is in sixth grade and she is very bright for her age. But every night she comes home with 2-3 hours of homework. In addition to soccer three days a week for two hours each practice, she is in over her head. I think that grade school kids should have 30-1 hour of homework a night; its a necessary skill. But it has taken over my daughters life.

• There is way to much homework.

• Gradeschool kids do not have to much homework.

Gradeschool kids need to learn the lessons that would come from having daily homework.This would reinforce the knowledge and skills that they learn in class.It would also teach them valuable life lessons like hard work and the fact that hard work may very well bring you rewards when it comes down to it.

• No, they have little

No, grade school kids do not have too much homework, because they do not spend much time on homework. It is good for grade school kids to have a little bit of homework, because this allows parents to participate in their child's education. It is also fun for children to work on projects with parents. They really do not have all that much.

• No, homework prepares kids for future schooling.

While it may not seem fun to have homework when you're a kid, it's important for helping to reiterate what was gone over in class. Gradeschool usually starts kids off with a bit of homework, which will progressively grow in quantity from middle school, high school, through to college, where a lot of education is self-directed outside of the class. Gradeschool homework is preparing kids for more homework down the road.

• My Son Rarely Has Homework

As the parent of a second grade child, I don't feel like my child receives enough homework. However this year is quite different than last year because we moved to a different state. Given that one place assigns a lot of homework and another, in our experience, doesn't supply enough, I feel as thought the level of homework probably varies between every school district.

• You have got to be kidding me

Very little homework is actually given these days. I don't know what universe you guys are living or what country, but here in the USA there is very little actual homework. If you are 'shocked' by this, then you must have either been homeschooled, never went to school, or extremely young.