Do gun restrictions leave people vulnerable and helpless?

• Criminals will get guns no matter what.

No matter how many laws and restrictions there are, some criminal that wants to kill somebody is going to get their hands on a gun. They can get a hand-gun, assault rifles, anything that they want. Banning guns only leaves law abiding citizens defenseless. If bad people are getting their hands on guns, good people must have guns too. Of course we need laws, but people need a way to defend themselves!

• Who is going to follow the gun restriction laws?

The law abiding citizens who are going to turn in their guns making the job of an assailant much easier. NRA CEO and Vice President Wayne LaPierre says, “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” The former Soviet Union used gun control laws to control the people. Up until the death of Stalin nearly 40 million people, left unprotected, were arrested and executed through various government agencies. Only we as American citizens can stop this from happening in America. If a murderer steps through your door, don't you want a gun to protect yourself with?

• Gun restrictions leave people vulnerable and helpless

Gun restrictions leave people vulnerable and helpless. This is because of the fact that gun restrictions restrict people's ability to use guns, and guns prevent people from being vulnerable and helpless. Only criminals will use guns that are restricted, and people who are not criminals will be left without guns.

• Of course restrictions hurt me.

I have pulled a gun twice to stop violence against myself. No shots fired. The CDC report shows that Americans use their guns between 500,000 and 2,000,000 times a year to prevent violence against themselves. If I was under the same laws as Colorado I would have to pay $35 to let my single white female neighbor of 20 years borrow my handgun for her protection. Whats worse I would have to pay to get it back. Whats worse I would have to pay twice to borrow my own gun to target practice. Sometimes common sense laws are deficient in common sense.

• How do I protect myself?

If I dont have a gun than how will I protect myself? If someone breaks into my house, should I call the cops and wait for 20 minutes for them to come? By the time they get there I could be raped or murdered. I would rather kill or scare off the criminal on the spot than be assaulted.

• Gun restrictions do not leave people vulnerable and helpless.

Gun restrictions make people more safe because it means that fewer people will be able to go on shooting rampages. Countries without guns have much lower rates of muder and theft than the United States. People can still rely on the police for protection from criminals. There is no reason why normal people need to own guns.

• No they do not.

Gun restritions make it harder for people to have guns so it is less likely you will find yourself in a situation where you are against a person with a gun and you yourself do not have one. Most likey neither people will have a gun giving both of them the upper hand.

• No, people with guns often get hurt.

Most people do not need to own a gun. Very few have the understanding of how to actually use it against a criminal without getting hurt themselves. And many children have died or been hurt when they found a loaded gun. So gun restrictions really help there to be less rather than more violence.

• Gun Restrictions Are A Good Thing

Gun Restrictions cause more good than bad. Restrictions make sure that people who should not have guns do have them, or at least make it harder for them to get them their possession. People are vulnerable in many environments that they are in. Possessing a gun does not change this.

• Absolutely not!

Many gun enthusiasts would have you believe so. They make comments like "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", "I have to protect myself against evil. And someday I or a gun enthusiast like me may well save you from evil". Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take my chances. I'd rather die at the hands of a mentally incapacitated individual than meet my end because of some amateur, untrained, peacock Rambo who has all but helped/diffused the situation.

• No, we need gun restrictions.

A huge argument against gun restrictions is that if guns were hard to get legally people would get them illegally, and so those people who are abiding by the law would be unprotected and only criminals would have guns. However, there are many law abiding people who would go through the proper procedures to own a gun, and those are the sorts of people we would want to own them. If we toughen the conditions of obtaining a gun and having one, then the guns that are gotten illegally will be more able to be identified and confiscated. When guns are everywhere and readily available, that is when we become vulnerable and helpless, because they can be taken at any random moment and be used for violence.

• No, gun control helps keep us all safer.

Gun restrictions do not leave us vulnerable or helpless. If that were the case, people in countries with tighter gun control, like the United Kingdom would be getting mowed down in the streets. Since this is clearly not the case, no rational argument can be made that limiting who can buy assault weapons leaves us all helpless.

• They do not.

Gun restrictions do not leave people vulnerable and helpless. This will actually make you safer as it is much harder, if not impossible for crazy people and people with criminal records to obtain a gun. If you are a legitimate gun buyer, you will still be able to get your guns.