Do homosexuals have to be celibate to get into heaven?

Asked by: MasturDbtor
  • If we were capable of doing it on our own

Disagree if you want, but we are incapable of obtaining salvation by our own means. If that were not so, we would have not needed Jesus Christ to die for us, and bring us salvation. That being said, it would be difficult to weight the action of homosexual sex (for lack of a better word) any worse than any other sin against God. This action alone would be enough to deem us unworthy of Gods presence, and so entering into heaven, but so would any other sin. As for Sitara, there is something to be said for the interpretation, translation, and cultural context that may not support this interpretation.

• Too Black And White

I say yes only because it depends on the religion and how intensely you believe in the religion that will dictate your view on whether or not gay men are allowed to go to heaven. I personally have a mixed view on religion and i believe that if there is a God or a spirit world after this one that it would not discriminate on an individuals sexual orientation. However as i said above it all depends on an individuals beliefs and how they understand the teachings of their religion.

• They Shall Not Inherit The Kingdom of God

By Heaven, I mean the state of being in which mankind is allowed in the presence of God.
    By God, I mean the triune-Godhead of the historic Christian faith.
    Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God." (I CORINTHIANS 6:9-11)

The kingdom of God is the rule of an eternal sovereign God over all creatures and things (Psalm 103:19; Daniel 4:3). The kingdom of God is also the designation for the sphere of salvation entered into at the new birth (John 3:5-7), and is synonymous with the “kingdom of heaven.” John 3:5 states that in order to enter the kingdom, one must be born again. A born again christian should not continue in sinful acts. Homosexuality is listed as one of many unrighteous acts that will prevent someone from entering heaven.

• No they don't

It is amazing how evangelists have decided that the "sin" of homosexuality is the ONLY one that is mentioned in the bible and even at that......Is it in the context of which we speak when we talk about a monogamous loving relationship between two individuals who happen to love Christ? I think not. Gluttony is mentioned as many times in the bible, so do all obese individuals need to find a new church also? What about those with a brand new sports car, are they not greedy? That is mentioned as a reason to not enter the kingdom of heaven as well. It is SO much easier to find homosexuality the sin to focus on because they can "control" that in themselves.....They aren't GAY are they? But let's not talk about those sins that they DO possess. Hypocritical. And I am certain it would make Jesus ashamed.

• Homosexuality being wrong was a law from Leviticus and there for canceled out

The laws in the Old Testament were set forth by god as the rules the Hebrews needed to follow in order to be righteous, to atone for the sin of Adam and Eve and to be able to get into Heaven. That is also why they were required to make sacrifices, because it was part of the appeasement for Original Sin.

According to Christian theology, when Jesus came from Heaven, it was for the express purpose of sacrificing himself on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. His sacrifice was supposed to be the ultimate act that would free us from the former laws and regulations and allow us to enter Heaven by acting in his image. That is why he said “it is finished” when he died on the cross. That is why Christians don’t have to circumcise their sons (god’s covenant with Jacob), that is why they don’t have to perform animal sacrifice, or grow out their forelocks, or follow any of the other laws of Leviticus.

When you quote Leviticus as god’s law and say they are rules we must follow because they are what god or Jesus wants us to do, what you are really saying, as a Christian, is that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was invalid. He died in vain because you believe we are still beholden to the old laws. That is what you, a self-professed good Christian, are saying to your god and his son, that their plan for your salvation wasn’t good enough for you.

• Assuming there is a Heaven...

If we're accepting that there is, in fact, a Heaven then homosexuals could simply choose to be Catholic. The Catholic religion has provided a simple process of reconciliation that allows it's followers to commit sin with impunity, then simply enter a box and confess the sins to a man in a dress and a silly hat. Once this process is complete, the sinner is eligible for forgiveness, and thus admittance to Heaven.

• No, but not for the popular reason

The act of homosexuality in most theistic religions is a sin towards God. The orientation is never discussed. So having a gay orientation is not a sin. However, just because you are homosexual does not mean you have to be celibate. You could still be in a heterosexual marriage. This would then conclude that you most likely won't be celibate. Now, if a homosexual Christian doesn't desire a heterosexual marriage, they would have to remain celibate just like any other heterosexual who doesn't desire to marry. So, to answer the question, in some cases, no, a homosexual does not have to be celibate.

• Of course not

I don't think God would be such a insensitive jerk as to discriminate against people he created or allowed to be created. Expressions of love are not sins, they glorify the joy and beauty of human nature, and so should be encouraged, not stifled. If you are straight, you should find someone you love and commit yourself to them, the same thing with homosexuals. This devotion should not end in heaven.

And of course, that's all assuming there is a God and a heaven, but I won't even begin to get into that...

Posted by: bsh1
  • Hades to the no.

2 Samuel 1:26 I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, PASSING THE LOVE OF WOMEN.1 Samuel 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. 1 Samuel 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. 1 Samuel 20:30 Then Saul’s anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother’s NAKEDNESS? 1 Samuel 20:41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and THEY KISSED ONE ANOTHER, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. 42 And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the Lord, saying, The Lord be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city. Isaiah 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the EUNUCH say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 4 For thus saith the Lord unto the EUNUCHS that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5 even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of SONS AND DAUGHTERS: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. Matthew 19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. 11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. 12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. Luke 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be TWO MEN IN ONE BED; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for IT IS BETTER TO MARRY THAN TO BURN. 1 Corinthians 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let HIM depart. A BROTHER OR A SISTER is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

• Not even convinced there is a heaven

But if there is I doubt gay people have to be celibate to get into it. Although that is what would be implied by a literal reading of the Bible since it prohibits homosexual sex acts. But I personally don't even know if there is a heaven but if there is I don't think God would punish you for being gay. But you never know.