Do internet censorship laws violate the First Amendment?

• The Deep Web exists.

If they are censoring the Internet then they are removing things that people are trying to say or show the world, making it so we cannot say what we want or publish what we want, it's so bad that some people need to go to the Deep Web to publish things they want, I don't condone ANY of the activity in that place but if people need to go on there to say something like " I don't like the government is doing this " then something is wrong.

• Censorship Laws First Amendment

I personally think that the internet censorship laws will violate the First Amendment because based on the internet censorship laws does not comply with individual State standards. I personally think that if that was something to consider it would affect the internet as well as the economy. I personally think that it should not be changes that will violate the First Amendment.

• Censorship laws protect rather than violate

Internet censorship laws do not violate the First Amendment. This is because people need to be protected from themselves. The online community is so large and people can just sit behind screens to spew whatever they want, that some kind of censoring is required to keep vitriol and especially threats at bay.

• No they do not.

The Internet censorship does not violate laws from the First Amendment. I think that we need people to censor the Internet for many reasons. It is how we protect people and ourselves from viewing and being used when using the Internet. I do think that we need to have someone put a stop to some bad things.

• No Internet censorship laws do not violate the First Amendment.

While the protections of the 'Free Press Clause' of the First Amendment have been applied to a wide variety of media by the courts, censorship laws can be applied to these media if the government can demonstrate a compelling interest in restricting the material in question. Internet censorship laws that have be upheld the by courts meet this standard.

• Can't Make Threats in Person or Online

Laws for and against the First Amendment apply in person and online. You can't threaten someone's life in person. The same is true of the Internet. You can't bully and harass someone in person. The same is true of the Internet. The same laws apply, so there is no censorship of the Internet except in cases of illegal behavior such as stalking or threatening.